Would you change your brexit vote today?

Chris GB

Would you change your mind over your Brexit vote today?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Would you chnage your vote?

• I voted leave and would vote leave tday
    • I voted leave and would vote remain today.
    • I voted remain and would vote remain today.
    • I voted remain and would vote leave today.

An anonymous poll for the community. Just getting a feel for the way people are feeling. Try  to avoid getting into pro / anti brexit discussion. I'm trying to get an idea of how people are feeling about their choices now.

Human nature is to not admit being wrong so I will be interested to see how many have changed their mind and if people tell the truth which there is no way of knowing they are.

• Like 1

No change here.

I can still remember the palpable sense of gloom in the office the day the result came in.

Quite extraordinary, never experienced anything like it. Like group mourning.

I think realisation is setting in that leave made statements and promises that are impossible to deliver. 

I wasn't a reluctant remain, but on balance the pros outweighed the cons by quite some way. 

That and because the details were so vague, I. Knew it was going to go norks skywards no matter what Boris, Davis and Fox claimed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, VRS Mike said:

I voted leave and would vote remain today, only because I want to buy a property in France and move out there once my children are adults, and it's not clear on how easy this will be after brexit.

Someone my partner works with is looking to move to Spain to retire. They voted to leave.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

I exercised my right to not vote, based on the fact I couldn't arrive at a sensible answer I was happy with, or believe I fully understood, either way.

Gaz

I voted remain but the more bucolic rhetoric I see from the the likes of Junkers and Barnier et al the more I'd consider changing to vote leave...

Seems a strange thing to say and I do think we'd be better remaining at the - moment - but I don't particularly like the current direction the EU is taking, or their apparent desire to make us regret a democratic decision (that's too close to a dictatorship talking) and I'm not sure it would serve us, as a nation, into the future.

• Like 1

On 11/09/2017 at 21:48, Chris GB said:

An anonymous poll for the community. Just getting a feel for the way people are feeling. Try  to avoid getting into pro / anti brexit discussion. I'm trying to get an idea of how people are feeling about their choices now.

Maybe it's time to stick with what the OP's request and keep all the off topic Brexit chit chat in this other thread! :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, john999boy said:

This thread WILL BE LOCKED if all the off topic Brexit chat continues here instead of in the main Brexit thread.

Yes please, most people on here seem to have missed the point of the original post. Would it be possible to delete the posts and leave the poll open?

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Chris GB said:

Yes please, most people on here seem to have missed the point of the original post. Would it be possible to delete the posts and leave the poll open?

Didn't spot that before locking the thread.

Will re-open the thread and do that shortly as you shouldn't really have to suffer due to people wanting to take the Brexit debate out of the dedicated area.

I voted LEAVE, and today ( with due haggard to the snipes, John was worried about), I see Mssr le Frog ( AKa Junker0still trying to comprise UK voters opinions and upset UK VOTES & OPINIONS.

18 minutes ago, Sad555 said:

Nice topic but Does it really matter,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we're out,were out,were out.

No, we aren't. Assuming no significant changes in the political situation, we are leaving in a year and a half but at the moment we are still in the EU. 

That's still the most likely outcome, but if government and public opinion changes enough it's not certain that this is what will happen. 

21 minutes ago, Dr Zoidberg said:

No, we aren't. Assuming no significant changes in the political situation, we are leaving in a year and a half but at the moment we are still in the EU. 

That's still the most likely outcome, but if government and public opinion changes enough it's not certain that this is what will happen. 

And therein is the reason for my poll. Public opinion is really just press opinion. Hence my wish to get a feel for how many people have really changed their position. I don't trust the press as far as I can throw them.

1 hour ago, Chris GB said:

And therein is the reason for my poll. Public opinion is really just press opinion. Hence my wish to get a feel for how many people have really changed their position. I don't trust the press as far as I can throw them.

And the answer is not many have changed...   unlike the press are reporting...????

10 hours ago, skomaz said:

And the answer is not many have changed...   unlike the press are reporting...????

Also @Chris GB - Well, the main thing I get from "our poll", ignoring self-selection bias amongst those who voted as a factor, is that a Briskodan is more likely to be a remainer than the population as a whole are.

• Like 2