3.6 V6 vs TSi

valv1866

Hi All,

Did the Mk2 L&K Estate model have the TSi engine fitted. I can only seem to find diesels and a reference to the 3.6 V6 petrol.

Is the V6 horribly expensive to run verses the TSi?

Thanks - Rob

Edited by valv1866

11 minutes ago, RWG said:

V6 does 28mpg at best. 18mpg at worst. £500 a year road tax. Or my11 version does.

If it wasn't for the road tax I'd have one tomorrow, I know the later ones have a cheaper Tax band but I like the MkII Superbs.

With the milage I do I'd be happy with 18 mpg.

11 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

With the milage I do I'd be happy with 18 mpg.

I also prefer the Mk2 over the Mk3.

With my annual mileage at 22,000 I think I'd need to buy my own petrol station!

On 13 September 2017 at 20:17, RWG said:

V6 does 28mpg at best. 18mpg at worst. £500 a year road tax. Or my11 version does.

Funny I get around 36MPG on a long motorway/A road trip, about 32 if I select  the sport setting on the gearbox and give it some beans.

Yes around town its thirsty, I can live with that but the Road Tax is a KILLER!!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

www.skoda.

Any Good ?

Thank you but doesn't seem to be.

There are a couple of options I want, so it's just a question of waiting for the right one comes up.

One of them is the Panoramic Sunroof!

On 16/09/2017 at 18:33, sadgit1 said:

Funny I get around 36MPG on a long motorway/A road trip, about 32 if I select  the sport setting on the gearbox and give it some beans.

Yes around town its thirsty, I can live with that but the Road Tax is a KILLER!!

Interesting - do you have the facelift version? I've never had the optimistic MPG reading on the car report as high as 36mpg on even my longest motorway drive sat at 70 with the Mrs...

On 9/12/2017 at 14:21, valv1866 said:

Hi All,

Did the Mk2 L&K Estate model have the TSi engine fitted. I can only seem to find diesels and a reference to the 3.6 V6 petrol.

Is the V6 horribly expensive to run verses the TSi?

Thanks - Rob

It came with 2.0 TSI as I have it, CCZA engine, same as in Golf 6 GTI and Octavia VRS I think. FWD though, would of been a blast to get awd in 2011.

3.6 here costs @1000 euro road tax/year while the 2.0 is 30 euro... I have mine ecu mapped by a very reputable tuner since 2013 and 60k km ago, mapped to ~270 hp, no issues EVER, car pulls like a truck. I dislike the DSG in Drive mode, even if remapped also. I think the DSG should be connected to my brain so it can shift when I want, not when I press the pedal until some point so the car goes into 2nd gear at 100 km/h and push me into the seat just because it's too lazy to shift faster. Damn DSG...

So it's not hard to reach VR6 power, though no awd.

If you can justify your road tax or if it's lower than here, I'd go with the 3.6 though, a mild remap gets you to 300 hp and you can't beat the straight pull from NA engine or the sound or the awd...did I metion the sound with an aftermarket exhaust?

Good luck.

16 hours ago, spk said:

Interesting - do you have the facelift version? I've never had the optimistic MPG reading on the car report as high as 36mpg on even my longest motorway drive sat at 70 with the Mrs...

No original 2011 reg, I am a smooth and progressive driver, when the mood takes :-),  also I am lucky the MPG readout is on my car is super accurate, normally within 1 mpg of actual consumption, this I believe is unusual as some report it being 5-10 mpg out

Had my 3.6 estate for just over three years or so now. I get easily over 30mpg on runs (motorway), as low as 12mpg when hooning in sport and using paddles excessively (the blip on the downchange is sublime...) and on average 25mpg real world. I've posted elsewhere on here about this. No anoraks on, no second guessing or regurgitating anything I've read, not relying on the cars instrument readout....just fill up and calculate mileage from tank to tank.......and everyday use on an approximate daily 50km round trip with work then three or four trips annually to the inlaws in Perpignan, france or back to see family in the uk (from Geneva area in Switzerland).

Car has been rock rock solid reliable apart from sunroof issue (motor failed). It's loaded with every extra from new and touch wood all still works....even the TV and rear umbrella!

Great car. Would love the 280 but starting to dislike its similarity (aesthetics) to an Audi A6. Not wanting a bmw or Audi drove me to this used mk2 skoda superb in the first place and in my mind both the badge and aesthetics have aged gracefully. It's a damn good looking car in estate form. And goes like stink in 3.6 guise.....

Dave

• Like 4

I'd have to agree with @Wile7 about the 3.6. I have just been keeping a bit more of an eye on the fuel recently - as of 22nd September, I've had it for a year and put about 16,000 miles on in that time!

I started calculating fuel then decide I didn't want to know :D The amount of miles I've done has made me think that I should keep an eye on it though!

My only issue is that I've found the fuel hatch release has started to stick (as experienced by others on mk2 Superb from around 5 years old) which is quite annoying. The only thing I wish I had was the panoramic sunroof!

cheers,

Steve

Edited by spk