Manifold gases on scout

Hi I have a 2010 Octavia scout tdi 

There is exhaust gasses escaping from the engine iv tried to look and what I can se is from underneath the engine bay is gasses been pushed down when it is reved i have been reading a bit that the manifold can have cracks in it is this a common fault also is it ok to change or is it a pig to do thanks ..

Not mechanically minded, and not trying  to misdirect, but like you I have a 2010 Octy Scout TDi. (PD) 

Last year I had the EGR Cooler replaced after smelling 'exhaust'  gasses for quite some time. Going by the location of the engineer sent out to assess the issue, I believe it to be located low down and towards the back of the engine. 

Best wishes resolving this. 

Edited by Guest

On the last 2 mot there is a note on saying exhaust gasses iv just bought the car 

Also when you driving it there is either air sicko g from the engine or blowing like a blown exhaust 

If been under the car and hand brake on and some one put a bit throttle on and in gear letting the clutch bite and there is gasses comeing out the back of the engin bottom

Might be an idea to go to a local Tyre & Exhaust Centre that you think can be trusted and have some employee look at it, 

tell you their idea what it needs, get a price, make your excuses and leave, or get it fixed, go someplace else and get it fixed, or DIY.

They should be able to visibly check and also use the diagnostics and maybe for less than the £85 plus VAT at a  Skoda/VW Main Dealer.

Maybe do the repair as well.

But why not try the 'Free' pulling into see the Fast Foot Kwik Flitters,, ATS Euromasters or whoever and let them look at it on the ramp?

On 13/09/2017 at 13:11, Fin69 said:

Not mechanically minded, and not trying  to misdirect, but like you I have a 2010 Octy Scout TDi. (PD) 

Last year I had the EGR Cooler replaced after smelling 'exhaust'  gasses for quite some time. Going by the location of the engineer sent out to assess the issue, I believe it to be located low down and towards the back of the engine. 

Best wishes resolving this. 

Hi

did this cure the problem? 

2 hours ago, charlotteSimon said:

Hi

did this cure the problem? 

Both smell and sound of escaping gases from engine bay rectified by replacement EGR Cooler. 

Touch wood!