Wifi obd

Hi I have just purchased a elm327 wifi obd reader and the iPhone dash command software I can get it working fine with other vehicles but when plugged into my Octavia it lights up but won't connect is there a specific obd adapter I need or does anyone have any ideas why it's not connecting.

Thanks.

I have a similar wifi obd reader for use with Carista app on an iPad. Only problem I have had is getting the reader far enough into the obd port to make proper contact. Needs a good non crooked press.

I used one of these as my ELM adaptor wouldn't fit properly.  Not sure its the problem your having but made it much easier to get mine working.  Maybe it was just the type of ELM adaptor I got that was the issue but I found it fouled on the opening to the socket and was difficult to get it to connect properly.  I got this one which, with the cable, works perfectly with Carista.

Thanks just ordered the cable to try with my adapter, I'll also try a Bluetooth one I have with another phone to see if it's my  wifi adapter as the Bluetooth one doesn't fit in at the minute.

Thanks for info.

Here I am 'Mr Trial and Error' :)

Bearing in mind I have a Lumia Windows Phone!?

I have tried a few of these WiFi OBD's and this is the one that works for me.. Here is what I have tried and the last pic's are the one that WORKS with pic of my Phone screen app and start screen in app, Also I have that adapter/lead above and all tucked into my mini glove compartment below dash drivers side..

WP_20170914_02_48_09_Pro.jpg

ELM327 ELM OBD2 WiFi Auto Scan Tool For iPhone OBD II ___.jpg

Etekcity WiFi OBD2 Smart Car Diagnostic Scanner_Code ___.jpg

wp_ss_20170914_0001.png

wp_ss_20170914_0002.png

I think the problem here is that the shoulders of the device are too near to the base. 

I bought one and then realised the above.

Trawled ebay and got one, which is bluetooth and qork seamlessly with torque.

I'll post photo 

Turned out it was my wifi adapter that wouldn't work with this vehicle worked on others though so very odd. Managed to find one that works I'll post images below. Thanks for all help and advice.

IMG_0177.PNG

On 9/14/2017 at 05:03, Ardle said:

Here I am 'Mr Trial and Error' :)

Bearing in mind I have a Lumia Windows Phone!?

I have tried a few of these WiFi OBD's and this is the one that works for me.. Here is what I have tried and the last pic's are the one that WORKS with pic of my Phone screen app and start screen in app, Also I have that adapter/lead above and all tucked into my mini glove compartment below dash drivers side..

WP_20170914_02_48_09_Pro.jpg

ELM327 ELM OBD2 WiFi Auto Scan Tool For iPhone OBD II ___.jpg

Etekcity WiFi OBD2 Smart Car Diagnostic Scanner_Code ___.jpg

wp_ss_20170914_0001.png

wp_ss_20170914_0002.png

Hey, i have purchased the same setup. With ELM Bluethooth OBD Adapter and Windows Phone with OBD Auto Doctor. I Was able to connect it and show some basic data, but to me it felt that it was very limited so i went in different direction to get the job done. Are you actually able to read some of the error codes? Because mine didn't show any even i had some come up with the other option.

I

23 hours ago, Isitme said:

Hey, i have purchased the same setup. With ELM Bluethooth OBD Adapter and Windows Phone with OBD Auto Doctor. I Was able to connect it and show some basic data, but to me it felt that it was very limited so i went in different direction to get the job done. Are you actually able to read some of the error codes? Because mine didn't show any even i had some come up with the other option.

If I remember, I think I purchased the upgraded app, and it only cost a few Euro... But again it's limited in what it can do..