Wipers parking in upwards position

davester2k

Hi there. Long time reader, first time poster. :-)

At the weekend after a long drive with the wipers on I stopped briefly and turned the engine off. I turned the wipers off before I stopped the engine. When I got back in and started the engine the wipers immediately jumped to the other end of the sweep and stopped.

This is now their default parked position. 

Before I started to take the wiper assembly to bits to investigate I wondered if anyone had any ideas about what I should specifically look at.

My Fabia is a Mk 1 1.2 HTP Classic.....although I'm sure wipers are the same across the range.

Thanks in advance.

I know that's the service position to change the wiper blades, it's set by moving the wipes one sweep, then ignition off and another sweep and they stay up.

Was somthing similar but they reset again soon as you turn the ignition on and move them.

• Like 2

Hutch - that is something for the useful Fabia topic. I'm old school and just turn the wipers off mid sweep to change the blades.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VWD said:

Hutch - that is something for the useful Fabia topic. I'm old school and just turn the wipers off mid sweep to change the blades.

:D it is indeed, not sure many people know about it to be honest. It can be changed in coding.

On the newer cars that's not always possible, they finish there sweep even if you turn the ignition off and take the key out fast enough :) 

Edited by hutchysrs50

The OP's symptoms sound to be different to the "service mode" position, and he is saying that this position is now the default park position - like always parks there now, and its new parking position is being taken by me to mean "fully left end limit of sweep".

I was trying to help someone on another VAG forum with a change of front wiper parking position problem, and eventually got out of them that it only started after he that had a windscreen replacement! I suggest "return for that job to get completed correctly"!