Steering angle sensor (lamp on)

toskoda

Hello guys ! I was following post related to this issue, and I have a similar issue:

Skoda octavia II tdi 1,9 4x4 from 2006, aprox 129.000 miles. It works fantastic, no problem. My only issue is that i have a yellow wheel lamp on the dashboard but the steering works perfect. I have to go through the car yearly control and I want to reset the lamp otherwise the control will not be approved. (The lamp normally takes 1 or 2 days to come back ON since I have the car plug to the VAG on a dealer and the lamp went off for some days). Is it possible to turn off this lamp with a vag-com i can buy from internet, just to pass the car control ?   I have zero experience using this tool so is there any unexpensive easy to use vag-com that you recommend for this, for example from Aliexpress ?

On my car the VAGcom diagnostic issued fail code (dtc 0053) on the steering angle sensor at Skoda oficial workshop. They quoted 1450 pounds for the full steering column (said the sensor is in-built so can not change only the sensor) and quoted 850 pounds for labour. My car cost 4000 pounds at most on the second hand market. So it is a no-go for me. However they said that there is no safety related issues, only a sensor fail (I paid 150 pound for them to check where the fail comes from so I trust they did their job).

thanks a lot for your replies!

Elesport