What tyres to buy

batemansxxxb

Octavia 2.0 tdi 2014

My car  currently has Pirelli Centurato 225/45/17 - 91w tyres fitted to the front,i've just had a puncture repair to one of the rear tyres & Tyre Spot informed me that the front tyres are nearing replacement at 3mm, my question is,are the Pirelli's a good tyre to stick with?

the best fitted price i've found after searching a few online is (beleive it or not !) Kwik Fit at £79.99

It's certainly a very popular size with many options.

look here for comparitve scores and test results:

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre-Size/17-Inch-Tyres/225-45-17-Tyres.htm

If you really want Pirelli then Google shopping starts at about £62 for the tyre you have on now. £69 from rated supplier black circles.

I've got Dunlop Sport BluResponse in that size and have been very pleased with them.
Decent enough grip in the wet and dry, quite and easy on fuel, and they last me about 25k a set on the front.

£88 quid each or thereabouts from Blackcircles.

3 hours ago, batemansxxxb said:

Octavia 2.0 tdi 2014

My car  currently has Pirelli Centurato 225/45/17 - 91w tyres fitted to the front,i've just had a puncture repair to one of the rear tyres & Tyre Spot informed me that the front tyres are nearing replacement at 3mm, my question is,are the Pirelli's a good tyre to stick with?

the best fitted price i've found after searching a few online is (beleive it or not !) Kwik Fit at £79.99

I have 4 of those in my Garage, 225/45/17 all have between 6 & 7 mm no Punctures/Rips/Tears or Repairs. They came off 17" Cyprus Spec Octavia Tsi Vrs wheels which I bought off a briskoda member.

You can have them for £175 Cash.  I'm in Harrogate so not a million miles away.  I have winter tyres on the 17" wheels which are also for sale if your interested. No scuffs/kerbing and have centre caps, again tyres are perfect. The tyres are Kumho winter tyres and have done around 1000 miles asking £600. I'll do you a deal for the whole lot

I can get you pictures if you like.

AG

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

Thanks for the replies guys.

Camelspider -  i found the review chart a bit long winded,but thanks.

Auric Goldfinger - thanks for the offer.

Dr Zoidberg - interesting,i'll compare prices & reviews on the Dunlop sport

Thanks, found new test for 2017 & Dunlop came 2nd only to Continental,but seems there's pro's & cons to all,the top 2 tyres - Dunlop aren't available in w load rating, Continental are marked mo Mercedes fit

Edited by batemansxxxb