Explosion at Parson Green Tube Station LONDON

Auric Goldfinger

Lee, you wanted to push a conspiracy theory based on right wing extremist despite links already made to 7/7 and an arrest, where they are searching his property. 

Gadgetman made light of it with his twitter links to ISIL claims, which you found funny. 

My post is no less disrespectful than those of yours, only difference is it doesn't fit your agenda. 

5 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Lee, you wanted to push a conspiracy theory based on right wing extremist despite links already made to 7/7 and an arrest, where they are searching his property. 

Gadgetman made light of it with his twitter links to ISIL claims, which you found funny. 

My post is no less disrespectful than those of yours, only difference is it doesn't fit your agenda. 

You obviously didn't read the Twitter thread. It was things ISIS should claim. It wasn't a thread from ISIS claiming responsibility. 
Again, it's not a conspiracy theory. It's a viable theory. I know you don't like that but that's your issue.
18 year old suspect. Odds of where he was born?
ISIS would claim whatever fits their agenda. 

#itslikeplayingchesswithapigeon

I know would of the German football coach being attacked and have never denied it happened. It was your conspiracy that Parson Green could be the same despite all the advances in the investigation that had been prominent in the news that you still pushed that agenda. 

Yes, I'd read Twitter link but found no humour in it in the context of this thread. 

Edited by CWARD

4 minutes ago, CWARD said:

I know would of the German football coach being attacked and have never denied it happened. It was your conspiracy that Parson Green could be the same despite all the advances in the investigation that had been prominent in the news that you still pushed that agenda. 

Yes, I'd read Twitter link but found no humour in it in the context of this thread. 

What advances? All we know so far is that an 18 YO has been arrested 'on suspicion of terror offences'.
No clue as to his identity.
Met spokesman even said "The Met's Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said it was "very routine" for the Islamic State group to claim the attack, whether in contact with those involved or not."
As I said, IS will claim responsibility for the ice caps melting if it suits.
In case you hadn't noticed, there's some dark forces at work around the globe and they aren't all the 'bad guys'. Fact.

Just now, Headinawayoffski said:

Lee01, worrying.       

Troops-Trolls-and-Troublemakers.pdf

I read it yesterday, George. I even posted the link in here on the Referendum thread.
Right wing media manipulation and how it works. Leave. EU and Banks got it down to a fine art. 

10 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

What advances? All we know so far is that an 18 YO has been arrested 'on suspicion of terror offences'.
No clue as to his identity.
Met spokesman even said "The Met's Assistant Commissioner Mark Rowley said it was "very routine" for the Islamic State group to claim the attack, whether in contact with those involved or not."
As I said, IS will claim responsibility for the ice caps melting if it suits.
In case you hadn't noticed, there's some dark forces at work around the globe and they aren't all the 'bad guys'. Fact.

"The bomb that failed to detonate on a London Underground train contained the same powerful explosive used in the 7/7 attacks and deadly bombings across Europe, it has emerged."

I guess it it must be a disgruntled right wing tube user then :dull:

Just now, CWARD said:

"The bomb that failed to detonate on a London Underground train contained the same powerful explosive used in the 7/7 attacks and deadly bombings across Europe, it has emerged."

I guess it it must be a disgruntled right wing tube user then :dull:

FFS how many explosive compounds do you think there are? There's even a cook-book online if you know where to search.

6 minutes ago, CWARD said:

Guess where they are taught to make it?

Billingsgate Fish Market? Taunton Technical College? Ooooh I know! They watch 'How it's made' on Dave?
ON LINE. I already told you! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Anarchist_Cookbook

removed last part as upon reflection it may be against forum guidelines. 

Personally I found the Jeremy Corbyn pic amusing as well as the twitter feed, but I understand that the picture at least is in bad taste.  The twitter hashtag I get, as a way to undermine evil is to ridicule it.  It shows them that they are not going to scare and cower us and we will fight back using everything possible, fighting back does not have to be physical.

Last night at work I was a little uneasy as I was testing and walking through trains that could easily have been the one at parsons green yesterday if they had been scheduled differently, and a bit more wary of even the newspapers left, but it was not going to stop me doing my job

with only the information at hand (the only extras I know from the public are where the train has gone and who removed the CCTV footage from the train for the police which does not matter) it's easy to see what happened and where it thankfully went wrong.

The train would have been headed Eastbound, and would have been heading towards Upminster/Barking (the other option would be edgware Rd or south to wimbledon but that would not have been as busy)

The device failed to explode (there is not even damage to the train)

the device went off too early (20 mins later the train would have been full up and right by Victoria/the houses of Parliament)

All the last two points everyone should be thankful for as it stopped a major loss of life.

There are one or two other things that the person could have done to have made it much worse had it worked, but I think it's best not to write those on an open forum just in case.

Edited by roo
Clearing things up
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

There was Public & References libraries before there was the internet, and there still are, and lots of savvy people with the skills or the wish to kill and maim, 

&  its takes muppets like Trump to think Goggle and other search engines are the problem or that he or anyone will be able to control the world wide web.

The USA & the UK were the ones that educated many engineers and scientists and even computer hackers that are now the problem.

Just as the UK trained pilots and military leaders that went on to kill and maim British military and innocents around the world.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, roo said:

Personally I found the Jeremy Corbyn pic amusing as well as the twitter feed, but I understand that the picture at least is in bad taste.  The twitter hashtag I get, as a way to undermine evil is to ridicule it.  It shows them that they are not going to scare and cower us and we will fight back using everything possible, fighting back does not have to be physical.

Last night at work I was a little uneasy as I was testing and walking through trains that could easily have been the one at parsons green yesterday if they had been scheduled differently, and a bit more wary of even the newspapers left, but it was not going to stop me doing my job

with only the information at hand (the only extras I know from the public are where the train has gone and who removed the CCTV footage from the train for the police which does not matter) it's easy to see what happened and where it thankfully went wrong.

The train would have been headed Eastbound, and would have been heading towards Upminster/Barking (the other option would be edgware Rd or south to wimbledon but that would not have been as busy)

The device failed to explode (there is not even damage to the train)

the device went off too early (20 mins later the train would have been full up and right by Victoria/the houses of Parliament)

All the last two points everyone should be thankful for as it stopped a major loss of life.

There are one or two other things that the person could have done to have made it much worse had it worked, but I think it's best not to write those on an open forum just in case.

As an ex Train Driver it brings home how much the Railway/Undergound is a soft and a very easy Target to hit

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 2

Railways, subways, shopping centres, hospitals, cinemas, motorway services, airports, football grounds, euro tunnel, sports centres, ferries et al. 

You tighten security on one, they move on to another. 

The security services have to be lucky all the time. 

They just need to be lucky once. 

13 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

As an ex Train Driver it brings home how much the Railway/Undergound is a soft and a very easy Target to hit

TFL have certainly tightened up security with their CCTV, Oyster card and Debit Card payment schemes but you can still get a ticket anonymously with cash.
That won't stop determined people and then you have the problem with stolen Oyster cards and contactless cards etc.
The fact is that if some nefarious ****wit wants to create chaos, they will. 
I for one won't let cowards deter me from using any form of public transport or going where I like.

1 minute ago, Lee01 said:

TFL have certainly tightened up security with their CCTV, Oyster card and Debit Card payment schemes but you can still get a ticket anonymously with cash.
That won't stop determined people and then you have the problem with stolen Oyster cards and contactless cards etc.
I for one won't let cowards deter me from using any form of public transport or going where I like.

You don't need to steal an oyster card, you only have to register one if you are buying a weekly or longer ticket or to protect the money on it. 

They can be easily cancelled and replaced too if registered. 

• Like 1

I am amazed that nothing has happened on a ferry yet, but they are an easy target and i do not mean channel ferries but ones like car ferries around the British Isles.

Would require a larger device, more logistics and harder to keep secret. I know the SBS practice storming ferries as well as oil rigs. 

Last weeks Great North Run was a noticeable increase in security with lots of armed police, vehicle road blocks - not just fenc. Still for a lone bomber an easy target with mass casualties and big media coverage 

Edited by CWARD

19 minutes ago, Lee01 said:

My eldest son and his wife live in New Eltam London and he/they has the same feelings as you Lee. Me, I worry about them every day as they both work in the city. We travel to see them by train/underground but it scares the hell out of me. Honestly I'd rather drive.   Each to there own

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

I am amazed that nothing has happened on a ferry yet, but they are an easy target and i do not mean channel ferries but ones like car ferries around the British Isles.

Yes, ferries are an easy target, but the idea is to cause mass panic. so they target areas that would cause more disruption.

i can't think of any ferry that would do that, when there are targets that would cause more havoc with the same or less effort.

Edited by roo
Punctiation

15 minutes ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

My eldest son and his wife live in New Eltam London and he/they has the same feelings as you Lee. Me, I worry about them every day as they both work in the city. We travel to see them by train/underground but it scares the hell out of me. Honestly I'd rather drive.   Each to there own

I love their resolve and I share it. I really do.
The day we, as a country, start changing out behaviour because of fear, the terrorists win. Simple as that.