Questions on wheel fitment

Vitas

Just wondering if a 16x8 et20 would be too wide for the arch. Car is also lowered by 40mm. Tried some calculators but don't know gap from wheel to arch. For reference my current wheels are 15x5.5 et41 on 185/55s (will be running 205/40 or 35s)

Well the wheels will fit without tyres,

as too with 205/35 R 16 or 205/40 R 16 i take it you are going for the stretched look using 16 x 8 rims.

215/40 R16 is near the right total diameter.

http://kouki.co.uk/utilities/visual-tyre-size-calculator 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

ET20 is a lot of offset for FWD. Moreso with 8J rims. You are almost certainly going to have to roll the arches for that.

Are you just going to use it as a show car because it will drive and handle like a bag of **** with those wheels? :)

• Thanks 1

Find an old-skool MX-5 owner with phat rimz and beg him for a trial fitting on your car. 8x15 ET20 is a popular fitting with the scenerz (I had 7x15 ET35 on mine and that was enough). Mazda PCD and stud pattern is the same but you will have to remove the spigot rings to get them on the Skoda hubs.

13 hours ago, Vitas said:

I'm just trying to fill the arch gaps. I'm also thinking about a 7j rim et25. I'm just not a big fan of spacers

I had a quick eyeball of mine last night and I reckon you might be spot on with 7J ET25. It will give you the 50mm of extra poke that you need. There is no flange to roll on the wheel arches but the slab sided shape will make them difficult to pull neatly. I would go for a tucked look but you might need to trim off some of the wheel arch liner in the front wings where it meets the wheel arch.

I would say max width is 7j, I run 7j  et35, this leaves me with a few mm of clearance (just enough to squeeze a pinky through) between the tyre and the shock absorber and I would say about 2 - 3 mm clearance between the rim and the caliper. Honestly, I would say 7j fills the gap nicely and brings the wheel inline with the rest of the car, I also run another set, 7j et38 which gives more clearance on the brakes. Both wheels are 16" on 205/45/16 tyres.

IMG_20170909_120500_301.jpg.a973a652bf26a6651761b70037007d3b.jpg

20161127_084712.jpg.a991ed154d19a20fc661db8da1c34777.jpg

Classic ATS maybe? I'm a big fan of the Enkei RPF1 and Rota Grid styles as seen in David's photos above.

For lightness and value for money Rotas take some beating. 

Edited by ronime
  • Thanks 1

I think I've made up my mind, I originally wanted to go for a set of BBS RMs. that's until I saw the price. I settled for a rim that's half the price which I think look quite good. IMG_0465.thumb.PNG.3f1c5594bbef27051abee57aac499dcc.PNG

tell me what you think

• Like 1

Nice.

Best i have seen is a Mii with 'Minilite' copies on,

but i never got a picture, there is pics on google images of a Lupo with Minilites fitted though.

On 9/18/2017 at 12:57, Vitas said:

I quite like the minilite wheel design, I also like the equip 03 style. I reckon these will be a unique style. Now I need to choose a tyre

Just don't do what I did :D wanted my new wheels fitted straight away so Kwik Fit robbed £570 off me for new tyres and balancing, it's okay though, because they were £381 on their website, they knocked £50 off bringing it down to £520, never again though :speechless:

Edited by Hyphons
  • Haha 1