Plastic bumper repair

derek2015

My good intention to garage my new to me Octavia has landed me with a annoying bill !

Having cleared out my previously inaccessible double garage (7ft up/over doors) l miscalculated and slightly grazed and one small dent to the rear nearside wing arch (plastic section) on a brick pier. In my defense it was only the second or third go at  putting it away !!

l have been quoted nearly £300 for a complete bumper removal and black metallic respray or £100 less by a well known franchise company for a smaller on car repair ( claimed to be unnoticeable and guaranteed)

My question is obvious, which one would you recommend ? Thanks

Edited by derek2015

All you want is it to look as before the damage so you are being offered that for £100 and a guarantee, do you want to spend £200 more for the same result?

Thanks for the response, perhaps my first post was non to clear, the two quotes are near enough £300 and £200  (not 300/100.)

Your advice still stands, l want it as it was, l was hoping someone could comment on the 'patch' repair with their experience, obviously the full monty would be undetectable.

I am a qualified car sprayer, i just do not do it anymore.

The removal and respray should not be any different from the Factory Finish, not all achieve that, but they should and should be guaranteeing that, or should if worthy of calling themselves a professional.

Chipsaway or other Mobile Refinnishers / repairers should be able to do a repair without whole panels and guarantee their work, 

some are even full time served Body Repairers - Panel Beaters / Sprayers & some are not.

Pays your money and take recommendations locally, ask about the Body Shop or the Mobile Repairer, the Dealerships locally might be the ones that know.

For now I've decided to leave well alone and wait for some more scuffs and scrapes on the tailgate which I'm bound to get before l have the whole rear bumper resprayed.

What l have done is invested in a genuine Skoda touch up kit, this has covered the worst of the marks and made it possible to live with until l decide to have the full repair done as above.

Thanks for the advice headinawayofski.

• Like 1