Advice on a new Octavia RS Mk 3 build

4 hours ago, Snowman89 said:

Interesting that you fitted the KW suspension, but i assume the KW MUST be way better than DCC?

Im actually thinking of skipping the DCC and just getting KW, since its the same money.

Would you advice against it or is it a good idea to skip DCC for KW?

DCC is just the way you control the dampening from within the cabin, it relates in no way to the quality of the suspension.

KW make non-DCC and DCC compatible suspension for the Octavia. The DCC stuff they make is considerably more expensive than the non-DCC compatible.

If you can afford to I would highly recommend the DCC variant of the KW suspension; both the non-DCC and DCC models are very good, I'm very pleased with mine; and if DCC isn't much more to spec with the vehicle I would DEFINITELY opt for it.

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/productfinder/Skoda_Octavia_Combi_5E_2.0_TSi_RS_Benzin_162KW_1984ccm_MdcRDQPUIy0OlBSbFmQrFA../58/DDC

Edited by mabnz

19 minutes ago, mabnz said:

DCC is just the way you control the dampening from within the cabin, it relates in no way to the quality of the suspension.

KW make non-DCC and DCC compatible suspension for the Octavia. The DCC stuff they make is considerably more expensive than the non-DCC compatible.

If you can afford to I would highly recommend the DCC variant of the KW suspension; both the non-DCC and DCC models are very good, I'm very pleased with mine; and if DCC isn't much more to spec with the vehicle I would DEFINITELY opt for it.

https://www.kwsuspensions.net/productfinder/Skoda_Octavia_Combi_5E_2.0_TSi_RS_Benzin_162KW_1984ccm_MdcRDQPUIy0OlBSbFmQrFA../58/DDC

Oh okay thanks!

For my current BMW the DCC compatible suspension has just had a plug which you connect somewhere so that you dont get an error code when using struts which are not adaptive.

Didnt realize there were real aftermarket suspension which were adaptive.

6 minutes ago, Snowman89 said:

Oh okay thanks!

For my current BMW the DCC compatible suspension has just had a plug which you connect somewhere so that you dont get an error code when using struts which are not adaptive.

Didnt realize there were real aftermarket suspension which were adaptive.

To add to this, DCC can/will adapt based on the current terrain and driving style too. But it still just relates to how the dampening is controlled :)

Edited by mabnz