Ross - Tech HEX-V2 for old Vauxhall Combo

K100RS

Have sorted out my problems with the Yeti 110 and it now runs smoothly again having changed out the glow plugs and would like to know if it is possible to use just the basics of the Ross-Tech on a 2003 Vauxhall Combo van with a Isuza 1.7DTI engine?  Assumed the Vauxhall Combo would be OBD II  with its diagnostic connector under the dash and that there is a window on my new Ross Tech unit showing OBD-II at start up. If connected to my Combo van then it reads ISO/OBD-II not compatible. As I am new to playing with VCDS is there any way to use the new HEX-V2 to get the basics off the van? Or is there a deliberate block put in place so you have to fork out for another code reader?

I think you're out of luck.

If I recall correctly that (or at least the astra with that engine - so I assume the van also) wasn't obd compatible until 2004.    Lots of older diesels have the connector but use proprietary protocols.

• 8 months later...

vauxcom/opcom should be able to read. it should have basic code reading on it though. not sure if the vcds can read any error codes. some changed in 01 to use obd2 properly and to have programming done by vauxcom/opcom but some were later. the 02 vectra c and onwards had more functions but had basic canbus the 04 onwards astra mk5 went to canbus too not sure if or when the combo did use canbus but would say it was with the cdti engines 

I've used VCDS in generic OBD mode on a Lexus to reset the DPF warning for a colleague, so definitely worth trying VCDS for anything that is required by law (i.e. OBDII functions).