A quick hello

jesse_s93

Hello everyone,

Just saying a quick hello. We bought a Skoda Fabia MK3 Drive this June. Really like the car and hope to read a lot about it on the forum. Before, we drove a Renault Megane and before that a second generation Octavia and a first generation Octavia. Happy to be back at Skoda :)

InkedWP_20170603_16_32_46_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.a0cfd328f1168b3c2906cf9f1524662d.jpg

Edited by jesse_s93

Hello everyone,

I came across this wonderful forum and thought I would ask for your advise as a prospective Skoda owner. I have always owned VW's but for reason best left unmentioned ( as I don't wish to be sued), I am seriously considering buying a Skoda Citigo. I have always driven Golfs or Polos,but I am simply not doing the miles to warrant owning  such cars these days. Also, I don't know whether it is as a consequence of getting older,but I simply don't wish to own cars overburdened with electronic wizardry. I am tech savvy,but I think there is something very honest about a car with four wheels an engine and little else. 

I did look at the VW Up!, but I think the Citigo is actually a more attractive looking car.  I also looked at the Hyundai i10 but again I was drawn to the Citigo; Perhaps it has more character?

Anyway,I would like to ask owners of this fabulous little car whether there are any issues I should be aware of? I have read for instance that gearboxes can be a bit of an achilles heel,also I understand that 'misting up' is an issue.

I would be very grateful for your 'real world' views of owning this car.

Thank you in advance.

4 hours ago, jesse_s93 said:

Hello everyone,

Just saying a quick hello. We bought a Skoda Fabia MK3 Drive this June. Really like the car and hope to read a lot about it on the forum. Before, we drove a Renault Megane and before that a second generation Octavia and a first generation Octavia. Happy to be back at Skoda :)

InkedWP_20170603_16_32_46_Pro_LI.thumb.jpg.a0cfd328f1168b3c2906cf9f1524662d.jpg

Hello Jesse welcome along to the skoda forum good to have you with us.:)

1 hour ago, AtlanticSpan said:

Hello everyone,

I came across this wonderful forum and thought I would ask for your advise as a prospective Skoda owner. I have always owned VW's but for reason best left unmentioned ( as I don't wish to be sued), I am seriously considering buying a Skoda Citigo. I have always driven Golfs or Polos,but I am simply not doing the miles to warrant owning  such cars these days. Also, I don't know whether it is as a consequence of getting older,but I simply don't wish to own cars overburdened with electronic wizardry. I am tech savvy,but I think there is something very honest about a car with four wheels an engine and little else. 

I did look at the VW Up!, but I think the Citigo is actually a more attractive looking car.  I also looked at the Hyundai i10 but again I was drawn to the Citigo; Perhaps it has more character?

Anyway,I would like to ask owners of this fabulous little car whether there are any issues I should be aware of? I have read for instance that gearboxes can be a bit of an achilles heel,also I understand that 'misting up' is an issue.

I would be very grateful for your 'real world' views of owning this car.

Thank you in advance

Hello Atlanticspan welcome to the skoda forum if you post in the right section you will get more information

• 2 weeks later...