DCC or not DCC on Sportline?

TomW80

Hi @jrgmiles, yes I've got the 2.0 tsi 220bhp on 19 inch wheels (40mm profile I think). The weight would be my best guess too. My tyres were 40+ psi which will be around 3 bar I think and I've now reduced them all to 35 psi (2.7 psi) I think. You might find that deflating the tyres a little will steady things out. I've gone off the middle recommended column for tyre pressure, from the list on the back on the fuel cap. To me 3 bar sounds a lot and if you've got a lighter car I'm guessing it's not going to like speed bumps and pot holes as much.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys!

I've just ordered a 272bhp (MY2019) Sportline with DCC, but since the BW hasn't been confirmed from the factory, there is still time to change the decision about getting the Sportline with DCC.

After browsing this thread, I'm still a bit unsure of what the consensus is on the topic (if any)?

One thing I can't quite wrap my head around, is if the Sportline has its own, firmer/"sportier" suspension, then wouldn't the DCC replace that all together?

Meaning that you're left with no "sport" suspension what so ever, and just get the same suspension (DCC) as any other trim?

Or is DCC sort of "added on top" of the suspension somehow, so that the Sportline actually keeps the sport suspension, but then adds that additional level of control with the DCC?

Sports suspension is merely shorter stiffer springs and shocks to match.

DCC replaces the standard shocks with electronically variable shocks (v. expensive if they ever leak or go wrong). They have an electrically operated hydraulic valve built in the bottom of each shock that can change how stiff they are (damping rate). They are not fully variable as such but have 3 positions, soft (comfort), medium (normal) and hard (sport).

There are various descriptions and videos on the various VAG websites including Skoda. IMO some of what they claim is fantasy, DCC cannot predict and adjust for potholes, DCC cannot defy the laws of gravity and other physics for example.

Edited by xman

Get DCC. 

I honestly don’t know why people debate about getting it or not. If you can afford the option that is.

DCC always. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xman said:

DCC replaces the standard shocks with electronically variable shocks (v. expensive if they ever leak or go wrong). They have an electrically operated hydraulic valve built in the bottom of each shock that can change how stiff they are (damping rate). They are not fully variable as such but have 3 positions, soft (comfort), medium (normal) and hard (sport).

There are various descriptions and videos on the various VAG websites including Skoda. IMO some of what they claim is fantasy, DCC cannot predict and adjust for potholes, DCC cannot defy the laws of gravity and other physics for example.

Thanks for the explanation, now it all makes sense!

Given that you indeed keep the benefit of both the sportier springs, but also the added flexibility of DCC, I'd have to agree with TGR.

So guess the DCC is staying in the build sheet =)

Well I got the sport suspension and don't regret not getting the DCC. It's still way more refined than the Punto (ok, not fair comparison but still). I also test drove a 190TDI with the DCC before, didn't feel like it's worth the money.

Another aspect to consider: in some countries they only sell progressive steering with sport suspension. IMO progressive steering is a must have, it's awesome during parking and not only. Many times I got the "how does your big car turn so easily" look ;)

Edited by ionelmc

On 22/07/2018 at 23:24, xman said:

if you serach in youtube you can fide vids when peole change in VCDS options so they can set DCC  with 0-10... so not only 3 options+indyvidual bu in indyvidual you can set more  for  0-10.