Forty years ago today

moley

Today is our 40th wedding anniversary.

Our three 'girls' organised a surprise party last night with family and friends in a function room at a local hotel.

Three children, one grandchild, Two houses. Not really sure where forty years has gone :o

• Like 3

In August we reached 48 years of married life and went out for a decent lunch to celebrate.  There was a much larger celebration for our 25th.  Now 50 years will really be a celebration.  2 daughters and one grand daughter.

• Like 2

Congrats. That's a serious amount of time. I am 10 years behind, 38 years perfect marriage - not one argument! (mind you, I haven't seen the cow in 38 years)

Edited by S00perb
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, philbes said:

In August we reached 48 years of married life and went out for a decent lunch to celebrate.  There was a much larger celebration for our 25th.  Now 50 years will really be a celebration.  2 daughters and one grand daughter.

One year behind you at 47. 48 years of being together, as our homes were so far apart, and "we just wanted to be together". We've been busy our years and have four kids, but not as busy as our  longer one.   The other lot have three GK, Randy Andy has gotten there with two partners al y himself. ( and sadly another still born).

I'm looking forward to the 50'th celebration. Marriage- perfect, BUT you get out what you put in.

Mine is someone I love and trust, but, when on the road ha more than 47 years of non driving experience,  so when she says it's OK, I trust her not to let car get a shunt. Perhaps THAT IS LOVE. B)

On 9/17/2017 at 10:11, moley said:

Today is our 40th wedding anniversary.

Our three 'girls' organised a surprise party last night with family and friends in a function room at a local hotel.

Three children, one grandchild, Two houses. Not really sure where forty years has gone :o

MANY congratulations money.  B)

• Like 1