Deactivate Alarm

vade

Facelift Mk3. Anyone know how to deactivate the alarm (eg for when leaving dog in car for a short time). Superb has a switch on pillar. According to the manual it is Car/Settings/Opening and Closing but I can't see anywhere on the screen to deactivate.

There should be a button by the door underneath the seat belt, you press it and then lock the doors within 30 secs, it deactivates the interior alarm and motion sensor.

I think the double press deactivates the deadlocks?

Edited by finnster01
  • Thanks 1

Are you sure, I had to go through the manual when I took mine on the ferry, my manual says the double press deactivates the safe lock but to deactivate the motion sensor you need to press the button by the door. Is this a new feature on the FL models?

1 hour ago, finnster01 said:

Are you sure, I had to go through the manual when I took mine on the ferry, my manual says the double press deactivates the safe lock but to deactivate the motion sensor you need to press the button by the door. Is this a new feature on the FL models?

When the dead locks are on you can't open the doors from the inside. If you leave a person in the car and need to lock it, a double press of the key fob deactivates the dead locks and turns off the interior sensor so if in the event of an emergency the occupants can open the doors from the inside. If the deadlocks are activated and the car caught fire they would never get out  and if the alarm went off they would quickly go deaf.

One way to test it is lower a window, deadlock the car and then wave your hand about through the window to activate the alarm. Then do the same with a double press and see if the alarm goes off

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

1 hour ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

When the deafd locks are on you can't open the doors from the inside. If you leave a person in the car and need to lock it, a double press of the key fob deactivates the dead locks and turns off the interior sensor so if in the event of an emergency the occupants can open the doors from the inside. If the deadlocks are activated and the car caught fire they would never get out  and if the alarm went off they would quickly go deaf.

One way to test it is lower a window, deadlock the car and then wave your hand about through the window to activate the alarm. Then do the same with a double press and see if the alarm goes off

He wants to leave a dog in the car, Auric................so monitor off / deadlocks on ;).

If I left the deadlocks off with Barney left in the car, he would let himself out and bugger off down the local (park or pub :wondering:). Clever little buggers :D.

I always park in shade / not for long / windows open a bit with rain deflectors - cos I love him and am sensible, Lol.

Thanks. I wouldn't leave the dog in  the car for any length of time. No pillar button so I will test the double locking. Thanks for your replies. No doubt I will have further questions as I don't have a degree in Infotainment!! and you all seem more knowledgeable than the dealership.

1 hour ago, Tilt said:

He wants to leave a dog in the car, Auric................so monitor off / deadlocks on ;).

If I left the deadlocks off with Barney left in the car, he would let himself out and bugger off down the local (park or pub :wondering:). Clever little buggers :D.

I always park in shade / not for long / windows open a bit with rain deflectors - cos I love him and am sensible, Lol.

Reminds me of this thread, a very disappointing Thread title.........

I/we asumed it was for a good Saturday night out, but sadly not.........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, vade said:

(eg for when leaving dog in car for a short time).

14 hours ago, vade said:

Thanks. I wouldn't leave the dog in  the car for any length of time. 

You tricked me by using it as an example. And now i have to apologise to Auric, or he might take my right eye out, Lol.

• 1 year later...

On my Diesel Superb ( 2018 model) on the main screen select car, then in the drop down options the ultrasonics can be deleted, it seems to be a one hit option so if you leave something in the car and have to go back you have to start all over again !

• 2 years later...

The double click of the key fob is throwing me. Just swapped a 62 plate Honda Civic that required a double click of the fob to deadlock the car, so need to forget this on the Occty otherwise I disable the dead locking each time.