A bit of help with Carista for a MY16 Rapid

wolf89

Hello guys (and gals),

I have a couple of quick questions about a couple of the available modifications for the MY16 Rapid... Namely, can someone tell me what does enabling the "Multi-Function Display" actually does (Not sure if it matters, but the car's equipped with a Maxidot/Swing combo) and also if the "Disable Start/Stop" options permanently disable it, or just leave it off by default, but available at the touch of a button? 

I believe the multi function display is the maxidot, what it enables i don't have  a clue.  

The disable start stop on the other hand only disables it for the one time. It reactivates the next time you start the car 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, roo said:

I believe the multi function display is the maxidot, what it enables i don't have  a clue.  

The disable start stop on the other hand only disables it for the one time. It reactivates the next time you start the car 

That's what confused me when my dad asked about ^, because as far as I know - MaxiDot is the MFD, but I wanted to check with people here.. As for the other - rats.. I really hoped that was inverting the Start/Stop to "Off by Default/Available on demand"

Start stop is deselected on the CAR menu in Amundsen.

Carista is near- useless on MY16 17 18 cars. No speed sensitive wipe, no teardrop wipe, no dial staging.

The only change I have made is the central locking beep.

If I didn't already have Carista activated, I wouldn't pay for it if for a new Rapid/Toledo.

Edited by camelspyyder
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, camelspyyder said:

Start stop is deselected on the CAR menu in Amundsen.

Carista is near- useless on MY16 17 18 cars. No speed sensitive wipe, no teardrop wipe, no dial staging.

The only change I have made is the central locking beep.

Yeah, we tried that from the Swing's menu, always resets on next engine start. Thanks for the warning about the Carista app, but I think he's only gonna go for the raising/lowering of the Windows from the key fob, so er.... please tell me those are still good  :D ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

NO!

The Rapid does not have the modules for remote window closing.

It works on my much cheaper Ibiza but not on Rapids or Toledos.

Ah, thanks for that info - I'll pass it along to dad so he doesn't waste 10$ Btw, I fail to see why Skoda had to use additional modules for window closing, when everything's needed is already there, but then again given some of the weird design/engineering decisions I've encountered in my Audi... ;)  Still, thanks again for the warnings!

Edited by wolf89

I don't know if it's the same on newer ones, but I think one of the key reasons my wife's 2014 Spaceback doesn't have global open / global close via remote is that it doesn't have auto up / down windows.

To lower / raise the windows (except driver's window down) requires you to hold your finger on the button.

Auto up / down windows requires different window switches, and also hardware that can detect if someone traps their fingers in the window.

Edited by naxtek
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...

I suspect there has been an update to Carsita, which has added a little more functionality for my 2017 SEAT Toledo (Rapid clone).

I've now enabled both dial staging and cornering fog lights (along with fitting some LED fog lights). As before the necessary hardware is missing for global window closure and coming home / leaving home lights, but happy with the cornering fogs and dial staging!

There is also a new feature to permanently disabled stop/start, but I don't find it intrusive with a manual petrol, so have left that alone.

I was able to do the dial staging with my 2014 Rapid and have done it in my new one but I have discovered that most things that relied on Carista on my last one can be done in the menu of my new Rapid.

The big digital speedo being the main one that I use - this was active when I bought the car instead of having to change the country to Australia and select/deselect a couple of options like I had to do with the old one.

I had thought about deactivating the stop/start but it's becoming second nature to switch it off when I think that I will only be stopped for a few seconds and switching it back on once I set off again

most of the mods for the rapid don't work on my16 or newer. 

I made lots of changes to my my14 but none of it works on my my18.

I have talked to carista about it but stuff like dial staging isn't compatible with the post 15 cars.

I will try the update next month whenthe car comes back

Edited by camelspyyder

That's really odd, you'd think as the car evolved that you'd get all of the things that the old one had plus a couple of newer things. I did the dial staging to my new Rapid so you would think that a car produced on the same production line would be able to do this as well. It's hard to imagine them going out of their way to remove certain add-ons from some models and not others.

The one this that I wanted to try was hill hold assist but I can't find it in Carista and not want to get OBDEleven if it can't do it either. I might email them to find out if it's possible

On 02/09/2018 at 15:48, Delberthot said:

That's really odd, you'd think as the car evolved that you'd get all of the things that the old one had plus a couple of newer things. I did the dial staging to my new Rapid so you would think that a car produced on the same production line would be able to do this as well. It's hard to imagine them going out of their way to remove certain add-ons from some models and not others.

The one this that I wanted to try was hill hold assist but I can't find it in Carista and not want to get OBDEleven if it can't do it either. I might email them to find out if it's possible

Strangely I was able to switch on cornering fogs on my first Rapid (2013 hatch), but not on my later (2015 Spaceback).

My current car is effectively a 2017 Rapid hatchback (with LED headlights lights) and this accepted the coding (with Carista) for both the cornering fog-lights and dial staging. I did try coming home lights, but this didn't work.

The dial staging is admittedly rather trivial, but amuses me each time I start the car:happy:

I fitted these LED fog-lights (Amazon) and the cornering lights are now very effective at helping me see round low speed corners. Time will tell how long-lasting they are.

Of note they didn't put on the bulb-out warning on my Toledo (Rapid), but did on my older Yeti??

On 02/09/2018 at 14:39, pinkpanther said:

I suspect there has been an update to Carsita, which has added a little more functionality for my 2017 SEAT Toledo (Rapid clone).

I've now enabled both dial staging and cornering fog lights (along with fitting some LED fog lights). As before the necessary hardware is missing for global window closure and coming home / leaving home lights, but happy with the cornering fogs and dial staging!

There is also a new feature to permanently disabled stop/start, but I don't find it intrusive with a manual petrol, so have left that alone.

What version of Carista are you running ? I have v3.6.7 on my phone.

3 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

At 6000k are they a colour match for the headlights? I only want to change the fog bulbs to match the headlights which are around 4300k I think.

I've just realised how awkward it is to get a representative photo of car headlights:dry:

This is the best I could do - the fog lights are very bright and appear a similar colour to the LED headlights.

I've also replaced all the interior bulbs with LED's and am now looking to replace that last remaining halogen bulbs ? reversing lights and rear / side indicators.

IMG_20180904_001123.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

What version of Carista are you running ? I have v3.6.7 on my phone.

I was an early adopter and helped with some development work on my 2014 Yeti.

I was initially a "Beta tester", but am now running the same version as yourself (v3.6.7).

• Like 1

21 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

I was an early adopter and helped with some development work on my 2014 Yeti.

I was initially a "Beta tester", but am now running the same version as yourself (v3.6.7).

Excellent . Next time I'm closer to the car than 2000 miles I will make some changes.

I'm glad I kept nagging Carista about the dial staging since getting the car a year ago.