Superb mk2 Winter steels, same as Octavia?

Hi,

i have a set of 16inch winter steels which I had for my Skoda Octavia Mk2

Searching online I have struggled to find any info ref Steels for the Superb Mk2 and always ends up pointing towards the Octavia with the usual search engines.

Only info I could find on the centre of the steels is as follows: R-1492, R1.16019, ET50 if that means anything to anyone

ta

I'm just going through the same process.   Some of the places I look (mainly those selling tyres/wheels) think 91 is OK, but in other places I see 94 as the load rating.   Similar car, facelift Superb 170 dsg estate.

Every other car I've owned has had the load rating as part of the tyre spec in the handbook or on a label on the car.

Thanks for the help, all

ps with regards to speed ratings, I understood that winter specific tyre compounds which I use never have a high speed rating anyway. Too much flex in the tyre walls etc

Edited by Northlodge

28 minutes ago, chimaera said:

The 1.4 is a good deal lighter and slower than the 170 TDI though.

Indeed, the 1.4 looks tiny under the bonnet - still a big sucker of a car though. 

Always surprised as to how well the 1.4 goes though(it is still a 127mph car afterall) - Holding it's own well in Germany at the moment on holiday and still averaging 47mpg! Good job though, petrol seems really pricey over here at the moment.

Edited by bigjohn