Simple Question needs a Simple answer

1 hour ago, juan27 said:

Aye, It will pass everything but a petrol station.

What does the 230 do @Auric Goldfinger?

49 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

His is worst than mine as he doesn't have a 7th gear for economical running

Actually, 70+ and a bit more (1**'ish)  returns 30/33 mpg, around town high 20's A very spirited drive mid 20's and if I drive like a grandad, change up at quite low revs i can get high 30's and I put It In sport mode before I left the dealers when I picked her up and she has never been in anyother mode.  Cars done 4600K miles but I didn't buy it and worry about MPG.  She only drinks super unleaded and she loves it.

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

You are not Fn wrong there

Mines heading south again, 22.2 avg mpg for the 1st 1350 miles

That's worse than I used to get with my previous car, a 4.2 litre Audi RS4, that averaged 24mpg over the 10 years I owned it despite often being driven like I stole it B)

Back in 2000-20003 I owned an Audi S3 (1.8 turbo) and that only averaged 22mpg, seems that turbos are not good for mpg unless they are driven like a granny?

Seriously, you guys must have a really heavy foot...

Did you check my Norway trip thread and the average consumptions I was getting everyday on the petrol VRS?

It is not normal you have so high consumptions... OK, those on that trip were exceptional, but I am not so far from it on the road normally.

6 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

Actually, 70+ and a bit more (1**'ish)  returns 30/33 mpg, around town high 20's A very spirited drive mid 20's and if I drive like a grandad, change up at quite low revs i can get high 30's and I put It In sport mode before I left the dealers when I picked her up and she has never been in anyother mode.  Cars done 4600K miles but I didn't buy it and worry about MPG.  She only drinks super unleaded and she loves it.

My sharked mk2 regularly beat 40mpg on a grandad run on the m-way. Obscene abuse would see 30 ish. I think back to ten years ago to a Honda accord 2.4 petrol 197bhp, 27mpg over 3 years, £600 ecu upgrade for 15bhp and all of that at 6800rpm. Despite the potential for failure, the turbo stratified high pressure injection tech has been very welcome indeed.