Yeti SEL Drive - The Final Curtain?

Argosy

I walked into our local Skoda dealer (my car's PCP was coming to an end) and cheekily asked if a new Yeti could be bought. Was told they had found just one a 1.2 SEL drive in quartz grey DSG.

A little negotiation and I think I have good deal (1,500 Skoda contribution, 1500 discount and PEX competitive). Any advice as I wanted something small, roomy and could carry 2 bikes ( tow bar and carrier not supplied). I have never owned a Yeti before. Any advice welcome.

My only advise is to enjoy it :-)

A tip would be to get a genuine Skoda set of rubber mats. They're very reasonably priced and mine have lasted for nearly 3 years and are still unworn.  The plastic boot liner is useful also.

I persuaded my dealer to take the standard mats from the car into stock and replace foc with the fitted rubber ones as part of the deal.

I have a muddy job and anyway wear through carpet style ones in under 2 years.

As rubber ones are slightly cheaper we both gained on the swap.

Edited by kenfowler3966

14 hours ago, PaveyArk said:

My only advise is to enjoy it :-)

A tip would be to get a genuine Skoda set of rubber mats. They're very reasonably priced and mine have lasted for nearly 3 years and are still unworn.  The plastic boot liner is useful also.

Like these....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152671403488?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Very recently took up the same deal. Coming from a 2.0 diesel 4X4 Yeti (owned from new in 2010) I was very apprehensive about a loss of performance.  However have been very pleasantly surprised with the performance and indeed the fuel consumption (in its first 2500miles a true 47.1mpg). Plus great to be able to retain the classic and practical shape of the Yeti.

Enjoy it. I love my Yeti. Not as much as my RWD 330i mind, but it's a different kind of enjoyment. I enjoy visiting the fuel station half the number of times, the reliability and not losing track of my speed and risk of points on a clean licence! I was tempted by a petrol Octavia VRS if I hated the Yeti but it made sense with the arrival of a second child and I can't help but be impressed by the little 1.2tsi. Once he's a bit older and my lease is up in 2019 I might then switch to a VRS. 

9 hours ago, survey said:

Very recently took up the same deal. Coming from a 2.0 diesel 4X4 Yeti (owned from new in 2010) I was very apprehensive about a loss of performance.  However have been very pleasantly surprised with the performance and indeed the fuel consumption (in its first 2500miles a true 47.1mpg). Plus great to be able to retain the classic and practical shape of the Yeti.

Interesting, I  was concerned about whether the 1.2 l engine could cope as I have been used to bigger engines. Sounds encouraging.