Paneuropean travelling-borders crossing

djordje48

Hello to all passionate travellers across the world and specially europe:)  I am planning my trip to sweden and finland (and maybe to Oslo). So, I need fresh information about border check points across Europe.  Because of migrant crisis, some check points arose from dead....The route would be: Belgrade-Budapest-Bratislava-Prague-Leipzig-Magdeburg-Hannover-Hamburg-Flensburg-Odense-Kobenhavn-Stockholm-Lulea-Rovaniemi. Maybe detour to Gothenburg and Oslo. And back of course:) .  I must see the Oresund and Storebaelt bridge, so ferrys are excluded:) I was in Wienna and Klagenfurt recently and I was surprised to see  that Austrian border controll (slovenia-austria and slovakia-austria check points work). So, has anyone recently travelled from Czech Republic to the north, to Germany, Danmark, and Sweden, or from Sweden and Norway to central Europe, to Austria and Czech R or Slovakia? I am planning this trip, so I will die to reach Sweden if all check points work. I hope I will have to cross just one point between Serbia and Hungary, that is easy, and no time waiting at least for us from Serbia. So I hope, no borders till Finland:)

https://imgur.com/a/iqTV7

Edited by djordje48

As Ken said you will probably be OK once you've gone through Austria but don't be surprised if you're still pulled over by the police for checks whilst you're on the road as your on the people smuggling routes and your Serbian number plates will raise suspicion.

Enjoy your trip. 

If you were to follow the road from Prague to Dresden, along the river, you shoudln;'t be held up - did that this year and the border crossing is the width of the road (cliff one side, river the other) they don't have the space to stop the traffic. Also a very pretty route.

Thanks for advices!T ill now, I have been in southern Europe and central, and no problems on borders. When I say borders, unfortunately, the only borders are still left on Balkans...My advice to you is to seek the alternative check points when you cross Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia, and head to Greece or Turkey. The main check points can kill you in top season time like 12h waiting or for new year/Christmas time. And buy the electronic toll device for Croatia and Serbia, it saves nerves and time....

I drove from Germany to Denmark last year after visiting the Czech Republic and the motorway had a check point at the Danish border.  There were a number of vehicles stopped and being inspected, but they looked into our car through the window, saw four European faces in a British registered car (though I was the only one with a UK passport) and waved us through.

Of course, the police can stop you and check your documents anywhere.  Some years ago, I was entering Sweden over the Oresund Bridge in a UK registered van and the police pulled me over and checked our passports.  Mine was a UK passport and the passenger's was Finnish.  He seemed amused at the mix of nationalities and waved us on without looked to see what we were carrying.