Help/Advice Needed

Hi all,

I need a bit of advice from you all if possible.

So I've had my 1.0 95BHP TSI Colour Edition Fabia for just over a month and since then its not selected any gear twice and the drivers window has made some god awful noises when going up and down.

I contacted Skoda who have checked the car over and have advised the following :-

"""" We have had to adjust the seal to the d/s/f door, it was twisted. It may need replacing in the future but will need to be monitored for now. 

We have not been able to fault the gear selection. I would like to re book you in one of my loan cars for a few days so as we can carry out an extended road test """"

Im wondering if you can tell me what the best thing is to do? 

I know i can Reject the car and/or seek a gesture of goodwill ( which they have confirmed i would be getting but no amount yet )

Any help or advice would be appreciated 

Sorry, how can you reject the car at this time? As it stands there is no fault (that could be found at the time) and as such no repair attempts have been made. What grounds could you reject on?

Your current option here is to let them carry out and extended test drive, as requested and go from there. 

Apologies if I’ve missed a previous thread and don’t have the full info. 

Hi all,

Update on the car and the full story for you all :-

Collection was on the 10.08.17 to which i was greeted with a scratch mark on the rear of the boot bumper and a mark on the side, after the car being taken away twice it was rectified but of course should not have been there in the first place, no apology was given to which when i complained to the Managing directors team they offered a gesture of goodwill for the lack of customer service received.

On the 30.08.17 my car would not select a gear to which after 10 minutes of trying it eventually selected a gear to which i contacted the directors team again in regards to this too but due to work commitments was unable to speak with them.

On the 12.09.17 the car did exactly the same thing again but during traffic which was rather embarrassing but also the drivers window was making some awful noises and was slow at going back up to which again i contacted the directors team to which as the window actually wouldn't close at one stage i was given an appointment for the issues to be looked into at Sandicliffe Leicester, Volkswagen group broke data protection as they contacted my brother to discuss my issues and arrange a courtesy car to which he doesn't even own a Skoda etc, the dealers advised :-

""We have had to adjust the seal to the d/s/f door, it was twisted. It may need replacing in the future but will need to be monitored for now. 

We have not been able to fault the gear selection. I would like to re book you in one of my loan cars for a few days so as we can carry out an extended road test""

I collected the car on the 19.09.17 to be greeted to a oily and hand printed window and the plastic casing on the inside on the door very loose to which i can easily access the components of the door. 

From this i have now found further issues with the window now making the same noise again, the radio/touch screen cutting out daily and the alarm going off daily too.

All the faults have been reported to Skoda UK directors team, the dealer i purchased from, the finance company and the dealer who rectified the window but did a bodge job.

As it stands i have 3 choices :-

Hand the car back and walk away but i would not get any GOGW from Skoda.

Exchange the car like for like (Brand New) with a GOGW from Skoda/Dealers 

Carry on with the issues and get them repaired/looked into within 2 weeks time and then discuss a GOGW from Skoda etc

Any advice, thoughts etc would be much appreicated

What is the Dealer Principal saying to you about his or her staff and how they have handled your new car, then the after sales part due to failings on their part?

What action does the Dealer Principal propose to rectify the issues to ensure the vehicle purchased is fit for purpose and free of faults?

The least to expect is that a Courtesy car is provided now and your vehicle is taken in for an inspection, diagnosis and repairs,

if the Dealer Principal will or can not do that then Skoda UK will have to arrange competent technicians to deal with it.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

5 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

What is the Dealer Principal saying to you about his or her staff and how they have handled your new car, then the after sales part due to failings on their part?

What action does the Dealer Principal propose to rectify the issues to ensure the vehicle purchased is fit for purpose and free of faults?

Hi,

When i spoke with the Dealer re the issues encountered on collection i basically got shrugged off with a sorry and we will feed it back, hence why i complained to skoda uk directors directly who rectified the issue. 

Re the car issues I've been dealing with Skoda uk directors team as the dealer i purchased from is 50 miles each way trip, so its been at my local skoda in leicester who have been helpful but the shoddy workman ship shows no hope.

I am currently awaiting for skoda uk directors team to get back to me re my requests i have made for GOGW so only time will tell what happens but to say the least im not happy having a car less than 2 months old with issues from day one. 

Was that a Manager or the Principal Dealer or a Director of the Motor Group?

That will be a Communications Manager i take it getting in touch on behalf of the Skoda UK Directors Team.

Be sure to have it in writing from them what ever they say.

At least when the last Skoda UK Brand Director Alasdair Stewart had his cage rattled the Senior Staff you dealt with had some knowledge and 

gave a damn.

Now the top mans top team are the reason the Skoda UK Dealerships reputations and Skoda Customer Cares after sales Customer Service reputation suffers.

He maybe spent too long at VW and away from Skoda before getting the top job & maybe and has more interest in cost cutting rather than improving the Skoda Buying Experience..

http://uk.linkedin.com/in/duncan-movassaghi-a0b6ba9 

Edited by Headinawayoffski