'Fixed' 2.0 keeps stalling - phoning skoda today

S00perb

My new (to me) 'fixed' 2.0 is stalling every now and then when taking off from standstill at junctions. Very dangerous as I end up in the middle of the road trying to start it.

Thought it was me to start with but I have had the car long enough now to know it is a random thing, not me using too little pressure on the accelerator.

I am going to phone skoda today about it - anyone else had a similar conversation with them?

• 2 months later...

I have a slightly different but possibly related stalling issue since the 'fix' was put in place. Mine stalls randomly when trying to start after the engine has warmed up, e.g. it's stalled on start-stop, it also stalls 5 or so times in a row, then starts after a short break in driving (nipping into a shop etc).

I also have new noises appearing in gear changes from 1/2 and 2/3, they're probably there for the others but not as audible. Add to the list, juddering on acceleration at motorway speeds (not tyres. replaced and rebalanced), many more DPF regens, seemingly reduced performance and anecdotally so far increased fuel consumption, it's not been Skoda/VWs best moment.

Booked into the dealer for a 2day-er soon.

Since  posted back in September I have noticed more occasiuons that it stalls. I have taken it back to skoda and they say it has 'no problems' - if you get the samer results from them I would like to hear.

If we cant get them to sort it, I will be taking mine for a roll back mapping. £150 max. Well worth it.

?

Any reason you are not having the VW Group UK to arrange collecting it and leaving a courtesy car until they resolve the issue.

Then pay later for a roll back if needed. 

As it is if they can not resolve the Safety Critical failing from The Fix' they might have to resolve the issue with finding a like for like none faulty car at VW Groups expense.

• Like 2

You'll get no where with Skoda.

Take it to Shark and pay the £120 to have the 'fix' removed.

How do we get a header for each and every thread on Briskoda 'Do not have the fix done'!?

:D

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

You'll get no where with Skoda.

Take it to Shark and pay the £120 to have the 'fix' removed.

How do we get a header for each and every thread on Briskoda 'Do not have the fix done'!?

:D

or even 'Do not have the fix done or buy any used car wit the fix already applied'

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2017 at 11:08, exFiesta said:

Sure, just at the start of the process and I'll post back with any outcome, good or bad. @Headinawayoffski if that's what's needed, then I've no problem going there, for now they'll have a couple days to look at it - appreciate the suggestion.

So, the car is in at the moment. Of my list of problems, pretty much none have been replicated - except trying a wheel rebalance for judder at motorway speeds.

They haven't replicated stalling (saying there are no error codes for it either), nor gear change noise issues. The DPF regen happening more is apparently due to it not completing.

It's pretty frustrating.

• Sad 1

Get a dash cam and record the random stalls.

Take the car back, leave them a memory stick with the footage, take a courtesy car home.

Ask them to ring you when they've  fixed it, and by fixed it I mean properly diagnosed the fault, replaced a component and demonstrated to you that what they've done has resolved the issue.

• Like 3

Suggest in Writing to the Service Workshop Manager & the Dealer Principal and send copies to Skoda UK Customer Services that the Dealer Principal 

uses your car as his or her Company Car / Perk for a week or until it is Fit for purpose and you have his Demonstrator / Perk / Management car.

(Which will soon be a Skoda Approved Used car anyway.)

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 2

Mine was VERY bad with stalling and the skoda fix was definitely the problem. Wasted lots of time trying to get them to do anything about it.

In the end I sorted it my way:

Remap that rolled back the fix and installed a far better map than the car even came with.

Extreamly happy with the result: Better power, less fuel consumption, no stalling.

Should Skoda sort it out?

Yes

Will they?

Not in my experience.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, kwmax said:

Any body know if shark have original software to backdate 

Yes. They can roll back the fix. Several forum members have had their cars unfixed.

Drefaldwyn

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Small update, my car went in for a week recently. Dealership very helpful.  A couple of injectors had moved themselves to a positive deviation - so they’ve been adjusted back.  Running now for 500 miles,  but stalling recurred pretty early on.

booked in for another 2 week stint - after it stalled several times during start up at the dealership (while checking out a Kodiaq) and the technician was there to verify.

Edited by exFiesta

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 10:56, exFiesta said:

Small update, my car went in for a week recently. Dealership very helpful.  A couple of injectors had moved themselves to a positive deviation - so they’ve been adjusted back.  Running now for 500 miles,  but stalling recurred pretty early on.

booked in for another 2 week stint - after it stalled several times during start up at the dealership (while checking out a Kodiaq) and the technician was there to verify.

Hopefully the last update on this topic from me: 

First, the folks at Marshall ŠKODA in Reading have been very helpful through this issue.  Recording the when the issues took place, both with pen and paper, videoing examples, and finally it occurring when visiting the dealership all helped to move things along. 

After performing many checks on the engine, my specific issues have been traced to a faulty DMF which is being replaced under warranty.  It appears to have been sticking during the start-up process and therefore causing the engine to stall, and may also explain the noises during gear change.

I’ve no idea if that could relate to the ‘fix’ in anyway, or if it is just coincidental timing.

Should have it back next week sometime. 

3 hours ago, TheRobinK said:

Sounds like it is just coincidental timing to me... hopefully the issue is behind you and you'll get some pain free motoring now!

Yeah, I think you're right.  I'm trading it in for a Kodiaq in a few weeks (all being well) so it'll be sorted for the new owner at least :)