Brake life - VRS 340mm discs & pads

After 27K miles my VRS TSI has lit up the check brake wear indicator. Upon inspection it appears that my front pads are down to ~4mm, but all discs and rear pads are fine.

Just wondering how long everyone else with VRS 340mm brakes gets out of their discs and pads?

Edited by Orville

My vRS has done over 80k km and is still on the first set of pads & discs.

Havent really checked the pads but the discs still look like new with only a tiny lip.

However, 75% of my driving is on the motorway....

Must just be me and all of the Nurburgring events then. Just kidding, almost all of my miles are around town in start stop-stop traffic so I guess the brakes get used more than everage. My previous 3-Series only lasted 30k before needing new front pads, so seems normal for my driving type.  I also carry a lot of weight in the car (big kids). Discs and rear pads are in good shape and front pads are cheap, so no real issue.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

Unfortunately my 2016 vrs tdi 4x4(not sure if same disc size) has just brought the low pad light on after 16.5k miles.

Sounds bad but have just returned from a nurburgring track day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

There's no right answer. Unless everybody has the same driving routes, speeds, braking points etc, the wear rates will vary wildly. 20000 in urban semi-urban will be much worse than mainly motorway miles. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Redboy said:

There's no right answer. Unless everybody has the same driving routes, speeds, braking points etc, the wear rates will vary wildly. 20000 in urban semi-urban will be much worse than mainly motorway miles. 

Also,if it’s dsg, the pads will wear faster than a manual.

Edited by classic