P0322 error

bifferbob

Hi guys

i have a 2L Tdi 170 BHP DSG Superb, for the last few weeks as soon as i try to accelerate more than just steady the car car stutters quite heavily. i put a cheap OBD on it and it came up with the code p0322, any idea how i can sort this cheaply or is it best left to a pro. googling it   suggests either a crankshaft or camshaft sensor issue..... i've tried to find the location of the camshaft and drawn a blank...

many thanks in advance.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

This code seems to point at the engine speed sensor or circuit. Does your tachometer show what is expected?

I can't really help you much with the location, but engine speed sensors are usually near the bottom where the engine joins the gearbox. It'll be a 3 wire sensor. Check if it looks damaged or excessively oily or wet, check if it feels solidly in place, check the connector for correct fitting too and unplug and replug it if you want.

If that makes no difference then further checks will require a bit more effort and equipment.

Cheers, I've had the gearbox oil changed just in case, it was due anyway. But still the issue occurs..... it's been an expensive month with the car..... MOT, oil change plus I still have this issue.... grrrrrrr

Regards.

Bob.

Quick update..... topped the car up with diesel this morning, started to drive and it seemed ok.... thought... why not give it a bit of welly to see if it Judders...... NOPE.... been giving it some serious welly since to try and make it judder...... nope...

wondering now if its some sort of fuel starvation..?

will be interesting to see if it goes wrong once the fuel tank empties... it was a bugger yesterday morning and the range still said I had 150 miles in the tank....

I suppose if it's juddering, then that sends a signal to the cam sensor which sends a signal to the crank sensor..?

i also pushed a load of connectors around the engine bay together just to make sure they were tight.... none seemed loose tho.....

Had a full service done in July........ funnily enough the problem started to happen shortly after that......

I had problems with low rpms after service - fuel filter was replaced and there was some air in the fuel system - but it took only few days to get back to normal.