Possible Misfire?!

Good evening Guys and Girls 

Some help/advice needed if you could be so kind please. (My car is a Fabia VRS Tsi) 

This morning after being caught in traffic, i got a moment to put my foot down and get up to a normal speed. However whilst accelerating my car decided to try and fall flat on its face. It just stopped accelerating, almost like the ignition had been cut, really lurched with it as well, once i'd back off and started to accelerate it seemed to be ok. This occured at about 3 - 4k revs 

It then did it again after being caught in a second bit of traffic but at about 2.5-3k revs. Backed off the throttle then all was normal. I got to work with no issue after that. 

I've driven home from work no problems, car accelerated with no issue, tried booting it and what not and the car behaved. 

No lights came up or anything during the initial incident. My question is, has anyone else had this issue? Was it a misfire? i've read plenty of forums about this but don't seem to tally up completely with what i had and the fact that it only happened twice seemed really odd. 

I have got the car booked in for friday but i'm not concerned an issue won't be picked up at all and i'm going to be out of pocket and with a potential underlying problem as well. 

Any thoughts? 

When were the spark plugs checked or changed? 

How many miles has the car done?

A failing plug, just the one can cause a misfire when there is Super Charger & Turbo Charger, 2,400-3,500 rpm. 

Maybe not even log misfires in the codes.

Take care not to boot it until the spark plugs are checked.

14 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

When were the spark plugs checked or changed? 

How many miles has the car done?

A failing plug, just the one can cause a misfire when there is Super Charger & Turbo Charger, 2,400-3,500 rpm. 

Maybe not even log misfires in the codes.

Take care not to boot it until the spark plugs are checked.

Plugs were last sorted 12 - 15k miles ago i believe off the top of my head? Not on originals unless i've been fobbed off which i doubt. I'll take it careful until it gets taken to the garage on friday i just hope that the problem does get resolved then is all! 

If they are replacements & were just as the OEM / NGK's then 12-15,000 miles might well be a plug on the way out, because not many get 40,000 or even 20,000 out of them.

Spark plug thread pinned at top of section.

?

Is it a CAVE or CTHE Engine and how many miles on it now?

Edited by Headinawayoffski

So this might be the 4th set of plugs going in.

Air filter needs checked and changed.

It might need a Fuel Filter at some point, they are Fit for life,  that is not a long life.

So start saving for a Water Pump sometime.

Watch for a Engine Emission Warning or the EPC light of both, and any drop in coolant, even a little bit.

I know a lot of cars are different but I have a CAVE on 76k and although mine didnt exactly do what's yours has, it did have a noticeable misfire. 

Plugs sorted it straight away. 

Hope that's all it is anyway!

I remember my cthe build in July 2014 does the same when driving a long distance (e. g. 150 km) with around 120 km/h and cruise control on and suddenly accelerating with max throttle. It accelerates just for a split second, suddenly stops accelerating like I completely removed my foot from the pedal and starts accelerating again. Since I'm driving like having fire under my pants I'm in general not experiencing any misfire only when driving long ways (holiday etc).

I rather think it's because of the stock ecu map. When driving slowly for a long time the ecu let the engine run quite lean. So when accelerating hard the engine has so run very rich, which I think its the combination of the ecu map and spark plugs and the very short time between running lean and rich, resulting in a misfire.

I change my spark plugs every 15.000 km and 0 oil usage.

I can avoid this behaviour when max accelerating in 7th gear at low revs for a couple of times and it won't misfire later no matter what gear or revs I am staying.