Squeak in back can't find it

Try travelling alone - I always get a rattle from the passenger seat :smile:

Sometimes you can trace a squeak source with the odd well directed squirt of wd40. No squeaks on mine yet though.

Edited by bigjohn

Is the rear, centre armrest up or down?

I get an annoying squeak/sometimes a small rattle if I leave the centre armrest down and there is nobody back there leaning on it. If I put the armrest up, no problem.

The headrests can rattle a little sometimes, especially if they are in a higher position.  Also the leather can rub against the doors depending on temperature but then again you did mention it is also a rattle.  Do you have rear sun blinds fitted?  As mentioned, it is worth checking the catches on the rear seats and grease them if necessary.  Try the rear brake light also.

Try sitting someone in the middle rear seat and go out for a drive to try and re-create the noise

I had a Fiat Punto with a ear squeak - was teh trailing arm bushes

My Octavia was prone to a rattle / squeak from the rear- traced to the way the the NS rear door closed - fixed with one wrap of tape around the door close "hoop". This can apply to the same for where the folding rear seats latch onto

Octavia had another squeak a one point that sounded inside the car - turned out to be the centre exhaust mounting braket

Is yours the estate or twindoor ?

• Like 1