GSM remote for Webasto heater

Joakim

Hi!

Just wanted to let anyone living in the not so warm parts of the world and having a 2017 Kodiaq with a parking heater that the Dfreeeze parking heater GSM remote start system sold by the Volkswagen dealers works very well with the Kodiaq.

Installed it in a couple of hours, most of the time spent figuring out how to remove the right hand side boot lining without damaging it. :)

There are just four things to install:

• The remote unit. It's a little bit bigger than a cigarette packet and I secured it to the chassis with thick double sided tape and a large cable tie
  • The connection cable that you insert before the heater radio remote unit.
  • The cabin temperature sensor - I fastened it to the backside of the boot lining ventilation grating with small cable ties.
  • The GSM-antenna - I placed it at the rear edge of the rearmost side window. It is invisible from the outside and there are just a few mm of the antenna visible at the edge of the D-pillar lining.

All connections are done with contacts - no cutting, crimping or soldering.

The VW article number for the Dfreeeze system with VAG connectors installed is: 000 054 929 C

When initializing system use setting 4 - MQB-platform with LIN-bus and temperature sensor.

A two year license is included in purchase and then it is €20 per year.

In my 2014  Superb I use the Webasto ThermoCall 3 GSM remote start but that is not possible in the newer MQB platform based cars as the Webasto TC3 (and TC4) doesn't support LIN-bus control of the heater.

/Joakim

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...