cleaning upholstery

mrcrow

my fabia 2 1.4 Tdi, level 3

i want to get the upholstery, which is pretty good quality finish, really clean

i dont think the previous and only owner for 8 years did a lot of tlc on that area...lots of dust round the seat bases etc

what would be a good brand to use, please

cheers

geof

If it's fabric, use Valet Pro, Enzyme Odour Eater. It works a treat, cleans, anti bacterial and removes odours. 

Spray on, agitate with a stiff nylon brush and then wet vacuum off. 

I'm at work so can't post pictures till the morning but any question, fire away. 

3 hours ago, mrcrow said:

thank  you sir!!

just what i need...some pics to illustrate the job in question

that back seat was ALIVE!!!

appreciate your reply

cheers

geof

No worries. 

That car took six and a half hours to do the interior and gave me a throbbing headache after one hour.  

Any questions as I say, fire away. 

• 2 weeks later...

I use hot water, lemon generously dissolved in it and a pinch of shampoo.

Spray it generously on the upholstery and use a shoe brush to remove the accumulated grime.

Mine is actually vinyl leather. so i'm not sure if the same would work on real leather.

i cleaned my old 180K Octavia seats with Diamondbrite sprayed it on scrubbed the F*** out of it and left it for 15 minutes then got the wet vac out and they come up pretty much looking brand new.

to get seats properly clean ..wet vac all the way.

heaven for leather spray for leather items followed by lord sheraton leather balsam

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/2/2017 at 12:13, Gissin said:

i cleaned my old 180K Octavia seats with Diamondbrite sprayed it on scrubbed the F*** out of it and left it for 15 minutes then got the wet vac out and they come up pretty much looking brand new.

to get seats properly clean ..wet vac all the way.

heaven for leather spray for leather items followed by lord sheraton leather balsam

i have a 1984 kirby vacuum with the carpet cleaning kit so i tried the kirby cleaner mix via a mr muscle spray bottle...put loads on and rubbed it like..as you say...F***...

it got wet but dried out beautiful with a good smell

took my time and did one seat at a time..

cheers

geof