Canton Speakers

So....I took delivery of my FL SEL yesterday. 

I ticked the Canton Sound System, but if im been honest it sounds no better quality than what i would expect in a standard car. It has no bass at all.

I adjusted the setting to be set to be more biased for the Front which improved the bass and quality some what but unsure why this isnt the case when its set to the whole car.

Does anyone have any tips as to settings etc?

Im comparing it to my wifes FL A3 which has the similarly priced Bang & Olufson upgrade which the Canton you simply cannot compare it to.

Any help would be appreciated

Rob

7 minutes ago, ahenners said:

Set to driver focus rather than front, sub turned up to +9. Other than that my EQ is set flat and it sounds pretty good I think.

Ill give that a try, I have the sub turned to +9 but doesnt seem to be any different to 0 if im honest

8 minutes ago, Robfab said:

Ill give that a try, I have the sub turned to +9 but doesnt seem to be any different to 0 if im honest

As the poster above has commented, it should sound better with some burn in time. I swear mine sounds better now with 30k on than when it had 15k. 

It's also very source dependant... High quality (320kbps) or lossless audio files from a direct source i.e. (SD, USB etc.) Sound better than Bluetooth streamed audio.

• Thanks 1

It does improve noticeably after a few weeks of running in. I have the sub to full, bass all the way up and sound focus to front and it sounds good to me.
Not as impressive as the Harmon Kardon in a Mini, but decent for a factory upgrade and a lot better than the standard Octavia stereo.

• Thanks 1

On 9/22/2017 at 19:31, Dr Zoidberg said:

It does improve noticeably after a few weeks of running in. I have the sub to full, bass all the way up and sound focus to front and it sounds good to me.
Not as impressive as the Harmon Kardon in a Mini, but decent for a factory upgrade and a lot better than the standard Octavia stereo.

I have sub at 8. Equaliser set to Canton

I have definitely bass

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Definitely needs time to run in, but the Canton will never be as punchy as the B&O on an Audi unfortunately.

Set it up right, and feed it a high quality audio source (if you use Spotify make sure you download the highest quality files), and you’ll be pleasantly surprised how sweet the sound is. I had my sound focus set toward the front, bass up half way, Sub turned to +8/9 and it was very good.

• Thanks 1