poor fuel economy 1.0 TSI 3 clylinder

Hardly even indicative yet with 300km on the clock but 1.0 Octavia manual showing 7.0 to 7.5 l/100km

Thus far has only done the 40k round trip commute to work,b roads serious hills.

Driving normally with no regard to the eco nanny gearchange indicator just not trashing it in defference

to it's being brand new.

Without even doing sums that feels like 36-40mpg kinda thing,

I shall continue to drive it as I normally drive and not in search of economy and am confident it will settle out around the 40mpg mark.

Comments re power/torque my old fella recons it drives identically to his  20161.6cr Passat saloon.

Edited by 181ce

2 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

Now I'm laughing. If the 1.0 was gutless AND as rough as the 1.6tdi I definitely would have taken it back. As it is it's motorway smoothness and quietness are a major positive.

I should have clarified

I was only talking in terms of power/torque gearlever acrobatics

Compared to the 1.0 petrol refinement wise the 1.6cr diesel is a bag of nails

To be fair the 1.0 Octavia is a very quiet and refined  car with the exception of a bit of wind noise about the a pillars and would seem to be sensitive to tyre choice, unfortunately mine came on bridgestones,hankooks or verdesteins are my personal choice without buying sh17e or spending mad money

Edited by 181ce

On 28/01/2018 at 09:53, 181ce said:

Hardly even indicative yet with 300km on the clock but 1.0 Octavia manual showing 7.0 to 7.5 l/100km

Thus far has only done the 40k round trip commute to work,b roads serious hills.

Driving normally with no regard to the eco nanny gearchange indicator just not trashing it in defference

to it's being brand new.

Without even doing sums that feels like 36-40mpg kinda thing,

I shall continue to drive it as I normally drive and not in search of economy and am confident it will settle out around the 40mpg mark.

Comments re power/torque my old fella recons it drives identically to his  20161.6cr Passat saloon.

Just been for a decent spin with motorways 120k cruise,6.2l/100km 700km up now