Parking position in Skoda Connect is wrong

KodiaqMum

Hi fellow Kodiaq drivers,

we just got our new car Monday and despite several talks to the "Skoda Connect helpdesk" there is still no solution for our parking position glitch. The story goes:

I received the car at the seller's on Monday. They helped me create a Skoda Connect account and added the car to the account. I also installed the app and it all worked fine. He told me that some of the functionality might take a day or two, to work properly (average consumption, speed, parking position etc.). Well, I drove home (50km from the dealer). 4 days late all seem to be working but the parking position, which still indicates that my car is parked at the dealers office. I call helpdesk and the lady said that I should remove the car from my account and then add it again. So I did, but still not working... it doesn't matter if I login to the Skoda Connect account on my computor or use the app. When I am out driving, the parking position function is working, telling me that the car is "on the road", but as soon as I park the car it tells me that the car is parked at the sellers office. No matter where I'm in fact parking; at home, at work, at friends...

What to do? Of couse I will call them again, I am just curious if this happend to anyone else...

regards, 

Sofie

Of course I did. And as I wrote: when I am driving the car, the app (and web based version) is updated saying that there is no fixed position since the car is moving. When I park it, again, says that I am parked at the sellers office 50km from where I actually am...

And no, the "honk flash" doesn't work since I am more than 500m from the car.... standing right next to it :-)

Edited by KodiaqMum

It's a cute little gimmick.

Mine often shows the car is unlocked even though I know I locked it.

Maybe simple time delay issue. Who knows.

Luckily it's not Mission Critical and if Skoda ever ask me to pay for the privelidge, then it'll be Goodnight Vienna!

Enjoy while you can. First world problem.

Well, I must have refreshed it about 100 times the last week and it still doesn't give me an updated correct parking position...

And boxerboy, besides the fact that all promised functionality should work on a brand new car, I am a bit consern since I also get a message in the Car saying that emergency calls are limited and that i must go to a garage to fix it. Seems to be related...

• 4 weeks later...

Well, since it is a brand new Car I would not accept functionality not working. I have My buyers guarantee and therefore I contacted the reseller (Skoda in Malmoe) where I bought the Car. 

They took it in to their garage and have now appearantly replaced some steering mechanism controlling the ”automatic emergency functionality”. I assumed It was a software issue, causing the parking position error, but as I understand it, it is in fact a hardware malfunction... and this is NOT the first Car with this problem...

well, returning the borrowed Car and getting My Kodiaq back tomorrow. Wish me luck! :-)