Technical Questions about Early 2017 Spaceback

Hello Everyone. I am new to Skoda and have purchased a beautiful dealer demo car. It states it is from January 2017? however when I search build dates, that doesn't seem to match... It is definitely the new look spaceback, They called this one the JOY. I was kicking myself I didn't ask at the dealer but I was informed today that my radio does not support DAB or SmartLink/Mirrorlink, however, it does state "you can activate Smartlink, to activate  contact your dealer". So my question is, how do I figure out what hardware I actually have in my car and IS it possible to upgrade/activate? If not, is it possible to purchase an infortainment unit I see listed on ebay that states DAB etc.. unlocked? Can I just swap this unit out with the one in my glovebox?  

Also, I see lots of people talking about firmware upgrades however I do not see any for mine. When I hold MENU and look at the update files, it states they are from 01/01/2013? Any help would be greatly apprecaited. 

Also, I see a bunch of supported codes that are not in activated? What are these and how to activate?

See photos below:

IMG_2325.JPG

IMG_2333.JPG

IMG_2331.JPG

IMG_2327.JPG

IMG_2081.JPG

IMG_2322.JPG

IMG_2328.JPG

IMG_2332.JPG

IMG_2334.JPG

IMG_2326.JPG

IMG_2324.JPG

IMG_2329.JPG

IMG_2323.JPG

IMG_2335.JPG

I only recognise 1 page, and that one says your Nav data is the same current 0730 Western Europe set as in the brand new car I picked up this month.

The rest of it is all Geek to me...

The most recent guy on here talking (typing) about firmware upgrades was in fact trying to download up to date Nav Data.

Edited by camelspyyder

On a side note.. taken from another post the following codes I found. It states there 00060300 Mirrorlink, 00060800 is Apple CarPlay are "Supported Codes" as seen in my screenshots. Does this mean the unit I have installed in my car CAN be enabled or is it possible that for some other reason, it still cannot be activated? 

00030000 AMI (USB Enable)
00030001 Gracenote
00040100 Navigation
00050000 Bluetooth
00060100 Vehicle Data Interface
00060200 Infotaiment Control
00060300 Mirror Link
00060400 Sport HMI
00060500 ??
00060600 ???
00060700 ???
00060800 Apple Carplay
00060900 Google Automotive Link
00060A00 ???
00060B00 ???
00070100 SDS
00070200 SDS for Nav
00070400 ???

Hi Rich

I cannot speak for the mirror link as I spent ages trying to get it to work properly even on a unit where it is supposedly enabled (Bolero) - although some people have managed to get it to work. I know that certain features can be unlocked by Skoda(or otherwise) using an activation key but cant say for sure whether this applies to your Amundsen unit.

As far as DAB is concerned I believe you will need to retrofit a different head unit which includes a DAB tuner and the associated antenna connections.

another question, my SW train version is MST2_EU_SK_ZR_PO353T and I read somewhere that if it is "MST2" then its MIB2? Can someone confirm that?

After looking at the screenshots again, I dont see where I saw this was an Amundsen and after looking at the update portal, the photo of the columbus looks a lot more like mine the the Amundsen with a smaller screen it seems.. 

WHY THEY MAKE THIS SO DAMN CONFUSING!

Edited by RichBrown

I'm fairly sure the Smart-Link / Mirror-Link funtionality can be enabled by the dealer - I was quoted £150 for it to be enabled on a stock car without these features. You are effectively buying a software licence.

My current car (SEAT Toledo) has the SEAT version of this head unit, although Smart-Link is called Full-Link in SEAT lingo!

SEAT quoted £199 to activate it, but after researching on-line I don't think I'm missing much, so opted against it.

Not too sure about DAB, as this would require a physical / dedicated aerial. But it would seem strange for it not to be standard, given my previous Rapid (2014 spaceback) had an earlier version of the Amundsen and came with DAB as standard.

• 2 months later...

Nope :( I’ve exhausted my breath with the dealer. I even contacted the factory that produced my car if they could send me some kind of a build list for my car.. all I want to know is what is possible with what is in the car and yet no one can tell me.. simply Clever my arse.. I still love my car but as a tech minded person I’m soooooo frustrated!!

The factory spec build list for your car is in the spare tyre well on the VIN sticker.

You will find threads on Briskoda or online what the codes are.

Dealership Fit options are not on there though.

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

The factory spec build list for your car is in the spare tyre well on the VIN sticker.

You will find threads on Briskoda or online what the codes are.

Dealership Fit options are not on there though.

Thanks for that info, I have to look there.. I knew about the tag in the gas door but not the spare tire :)

• 2 years later...