Just ordered my first Skoda!

nicklouse

Hi so I've been a secret viewer for a couple of months whilst deciding if jumping ship from BMW to Skoda was a good idea, finally pulled the trigger Friday and placed order for a new Superb 2.0 TSI L&K... Can't wait till it gets here! 

• Like 1

June 2014 F31 - 320d tourer Msport with Msport plus package. Love my car but need something with a bigger boot due to little one on the way and already have a dog... Test drove a 520d tourer for a day and had the 3 day Superb test drive. 5 series was a lovely motor to drive but with lesser spec it's pushing £20k more than the Superb... Bit of a no brainer to be honest!  Used carwow and managed to get £6k off list... Hoping car arrives before Xmas but looking like Jan18 more likely. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nicklouse said:

June 2014 F31 - 320d tourer Msport with Msport plus package. Love my car but need something with a bigger boot due to little one on the way and already have a dog... Test drove a 520d tourer for a day and had the 3 day Superb test drive. 5 series was a lovely motor to drive but with lesser spec it's pushing £20k more than the Superb... Bit of a no brainer to be honest!  Used carwow and managed to get £6k off list... Hoping car arrives before Xmas but looking like Jan18 more likely. 

Very nice, I always wondered if sites like carwow are as good as they claim but you seem to have got a good discount.  Is it a 220 or 280?  Both have had great reviews from owners on here as you’ve probably seen.

8 minutes ago, Superb170 said:

Very nice, I always wondered if sites like carwow are as good as they claim but you seem to have got a good discount.  Is it a 220 or 280?  Both have had great reviews from owners on here as you’ve probably seen.

Sadly the 220... Couldn't justify the extra £££ for the 280 plus the test drive I had was 220 and it had plenty of punch. Although my beemer is xdrive so I will miss the 4x4! 

Was also skeptical of carwow but as you said I feel like I've got some good savings. After test drive the local dealer offered me 5% straight out the gate as it was the max he could offer and didn't want to lose a customer, so I suspected there was more to be had. However after going back with carwow numbers their best offer was still nearly £2k more so it really does seem down to finding a dealer with extra incentives! 

Reviews on here have been great, also looking for tips and also the faults... Nothing worse than finding a killer annoying point about a car after purchase or missing out on an option to spec.  Right now I'm confident about all my choices ☺️ 

• Like 1

Had a BMW 320 estate or similar on hire whilst my mark 1 superb was repaired after someone drove into the back of it at about 6 weeks old.

Awful car, unpleasant and bumpy to drive, clutch operation felt like I was doing a session at the gym!

What a pleasure to get the superb back. 

Although I have had yetis for the last nearly 8 years, the superb is still the smoothest and most comfortable long distance conveince I have ever had the pleasure of using.

Only reason I didnt get a mark 2 is I have a crest at the top of my drive to go over and the superb just scraped the top underneath with just a driver in and no heavy luggage, and the later model would not have gone over at all.