James Dyson developing EV 2020

vrskeith

2 hours ago, S00perb said:

It was explained to me (in rather highly scientific language, that was totally unnecessary) that the pressure of the wheels of the train, turn the leaves into oil. The oil coats the wheels and then the train can't stop - slides through the station apparently.

Correct.

Steel on steel with a veg oil (leaf mulch) layer between them  and rolling stock anything up 2-300Tonnes trying to get from 100mph to 0...

Put it this way an emergency stop from 100mph takes 1.25miles for an intercity train... anyone ever driven on ice.. thats what leaves are like for a train

6 hours ago, S00perb said:

With the power of the dyson-blade hand dryer, they could do an electric hover car

Advert: it blows like a Dyson - Hoover just sucks

Interesting advert I think . 

Should I  support the UK company that does all its manufacture outside the EU, or the EU owned one that does likewise?

I know - I'll just buy the product I like best.

Sorry Dyson, but you are the Apple of white goods.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 1 month later...

“Might you soon be driving a Dyson instead of a Dacia?”

No.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/30/ubs-slashes-tesla-profit-estimates-predicting-more-model-3-problems.html

If Elon Musk is having problems with his 4th car it's not very likely Dyson will crack car building at his first attempt.

Unless he's going for the bespoke hand built supercar niche which rules out most of us from buying one.

Edited by Aspman

56 minutes ago, Aspman said:

“Might you soon be driving a Dyson instead of a Dacia?”

No.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/30/ubs-slashes-tesla-profit-estimates-predicting-more-model-3-problems.html

If Elon Musk is having problems with his 4th car it's not very likely Dyson will crack car building at his first attempt.

Unless he's going for the bespoke hand built supercar niche which rules out most of us from buying one.

Guess it can depend on the quality of staff you employ and Dyson has invested well in R&D and production in UK and external of UK & Europe on current products. No need to think he hasn't been astute in Automotive / Electronic technologies recruitment ,which has been very hush hush for a few year in the locality of Malmesbury.

Hope he won't balls up like Musk's production team with the current model.

Noting however, in the early days,he did have a **** up with the Dyson washing machine. No longer around unless you are a collector.

Edited by vrskeith

Charles Dyson is taking actions against an ex Employee that might have taken some knowledge to competitors is he not?

Philip Hammond MP will be making sure that The Dyson EV has ever chance of success with the UK Government / tax payers money no doubt, 

helping with training the employees, and helping with anything else needed, after all the EU will be in no position to be put much in the way to obstruct inward investment from a Government into the UK Motor Manufacturer if the UK Government wants to.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

Charles Dyson is taking actions against an ex Employee that might have taken some knowledge to competitors is he not?

Philip Hammond MP will be making sure that The Dyson EV has ever chance of success with the UK Government / tax payers money no doubt, 

helping with training the employees, and helping with anything else needed, after all the EU will be in no position to be put much in the way to obstruct inward investment from a Government into the UK Motor Manufacturer if the UK Government wants to.

James Dyson  v Ex CEO I believe.

Sometime ago he also had a spy employed at his company from competitors, but found him out.

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee01 said:

I'm hoping Numatic launch an EV.
At least they'd build a vehicle with a happy face and keep jobs in the UK. Unlike Dyson.

Dyson create loads of high tech engineering jobs in the UK . Design, R&D and Production processes design. The Creation of Engineering University,mainly for UK talent .

UK Engineers set manufacturing operation up  in cost effective overseas / worldwide operations which are highly automated plants.

What more do you want.

Sure Sir James & his employees  pay their full UK taxes. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-39117982

Edited by vrskeith
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Lee01 said:

I'm hoping Numatic launch an EV.
At least they'd build a vehicle with a happy face and keep jobs in the UK. Unlike Dyson.

And youll be able to get oem spares for years at reasonable prices. And it would survive a shunt without being written off

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, io1901 said:

I'm half expecting it to have one large orange ball wheel at the front much like his first invention.

Ballbarrow (1974)

Evolution not Revolution!?Dyson DC15 “The Ball” (2005)

Edited by vrskeith
  • Haha 1

Route to driverless cars.

http://www.roboticstrends.com/article/dyson_360_eye_vs_irobot_roomba_980_which_robot_vacuum_is_superior

Will go around in circle until it disappears up its own Brexit.

Edited by vrskeith

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know anyone now that really raves about their Dyson whatever. Most complaint about them breaking and the company trying to milk them by wanting to carry out an expensive service every year. 

Delivery by 2020 for VW the biggest or 2nd biggest car manufacturer in the world.

Just shows how far behind others they are.

More pictures of the EV Micro Bus needed, take up Magazine space with what is coming in the next decade.

25 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Delivery by 2020 for VW the biggest or 2nd biggest car manufacturer in the world.

Just shows how far behind others they are.

More pictures of the EV Micro Bus needed, take up Magazine space with what is coming in the next decade.

Time to learn from others mistakes then, like the Japanese car makers did with many other world manufactures.

Vorsprung Durch Technik, advances on the back others technology advances because you put your money into Hybrid Diesels and then were found out and now you have to actually design something, build battery factories etc while others have all that ready to go and be more affordable before 2025.

11 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Vorsprung Durch Technik, advances on the back others technology advances because you put your money into Hybrid Diesels and then were found out and now you have to actually design something, build battery factories etc while others have all that ready to go and be more affordable before 2025.

George, 

I personally choose to have an optimistic view going forward rather than a pessimistic one, considering  that VW Group have had their fingers burnt well and truly and as a consequence my view is the Executives and subordinates will not let the misjudgements / dishonesty of the past affect the companies security and profitability for the future.

By the way I thought that Vorsprung Durch Technik is an Audi slogan and not VW Group but who knows I might be wrong, as I 'm sure you will correct me.

Edited by vrskeith

Yes Audi Slogan in German Advancement through technology or what ever meaning.

Could not be 'Truth in Engineering'

Das Auto 'The Car' another slogan dropped, supposedly 'Honesty' being the new Mantra.

'Simply Cleaver' English for 'Simply Clever',  what is German for 'spend more on advertising and lawyers than on R&D.? 

Edited by AwaoffSki

We have imported a couple of hundred of our bollore EVs over the past few weeks in to the UK and now made over 7000 of them though these are the first RHD ones i reckon. Be interesting to see what market Dyson aims for and where he makes them ie Europe or Asia.