LED DRL's not working as side lights....

adam85james

So, I went for a DRL LED Upgrade from Osram but there is a problem

They work brilliantly as DRL's but when I turn on side lights and headlights, they stay off.

I presume I've bought bad bulbs but does anyone have any advice on what LED DRL's would work??

P70927-085637.jpg

Well, I bought mine from HIDs Direct over four years ago, they worked perfectly from the off and are still going strong....but I'm sure they've changed what's available for something "improved".

Just a question....have you tried removing them and replacing them, having given half-a-turn (ie turn them around through 180 degrees)?  I seem to remember that some on here needed to do this in order to get working as they should.

1 hour ago, SashaGrace said:

These are the exact bulbs I have, they work absolutely fine. Has the sidelight fuse blown?

That did cross my mind, too...although my handbook lists fuses 4 and 22 as "daytime running lights" and no separate fuse for the sidelights.

2 hours ago, Headinawayoffski said:

^^^

Do yours reduce in brightness as they need to when on as sidelights?

They do. Only 2 of the diodes light up when on as side lights. Some Citigo’s list the fuses differently to others, there was a thread here somewhere about it.

I've tried turning them through 180 degrees and no joy. Same with the fuse, checked and all ok with no breaks. They've been swapped out a the moment for some cheap Halfords bulbs which came on, no problems.

I'll get back in contact with the seller and see what they can do...

On 28/09/2017 at 13:10, adam85james said:

I've tried turning them through 180 degrees and no joy. Same with the fuse, checked and all ok with no breaks. They've been swapped out a the moment for some cheap Halfords bulbs which came on, no problems.

I'll get back in contact with the seller and see what they can do...

Check the pins on the bulbs, sometimes they can be off slightly meaning when they plug in, they don't connect correctly and then don't work

11 hours ago, Hyphons said:

Check the pins on the bulbs, sometimes they can be off slightly meaning when they plug in, they don't connect correctly and then don't work

I'll give the pins a check on Saturday and see if that helps with things.

3 hours ago, CTGO said:

I think you have purchased 7715CW-02B instead of 7915CW-02B. I bought the latter and don't find them very bright, trying Twenty20 Cree LED now which look better.

Checking the packaging, you're right. Damn & blast.

• 2 months later...

Hello. I was wondering if there are any further modifications which must be done before you put the OSRAM LED lights as DRL. I was told that these lights don't come with can-bus (or something like that). Did you just fit them straight on? I am tired of these w21w5 light bulbs burning out :angry: Thank you for your help. :)

Thank you for the reply Adam. I think I will give them a try and see how it goes. I'll let you know if any problems do arise so that other members of the forum are aware. Cheers for your help.

Thomas.

I ordered these from HIDS Direct

R580 W21/5W Canbus 30* SMD 3014 LED Bulbs (Pair) White    SKU:HD763

Literally just fitted in last 5 mins to my Citigo and they are working perfectly, including dimming slightly when they are sidelights rather than DRL.

They are so white and so bright as DRLs, Love em..... NEED to change headlights as they look like orange indicators now :)