Sticking rev counter / tachometer

Salp

Hello. . .  I should start by apologising if this is posted in the wrong place. .  Forums are new to me.

I took delivery of an new Octavia last week with 1.5 tfsi Act engine.  Within a couple of days I noticed, when stopping, the Rev counter sometimes sticks at about 2000 rpm.  After several more trips and witnesses in the car, we reported it back to Skoda.

They sent AA, who plugged in tablet, found error code and reset fault.  Only the next day the same happened again, this time no error code found.  The car has been taken back to dealer.  They have spoken to factory.  First they say can not fix fault, now they say it is a feature to prevent car from stalling!   My husband and I think this is a load of rubbish, the car could jump forward and cause an accident if the clutch is release too quickly.

At comments or feedback on such a thing would be welcome, since my new car with 100 miles is stuck in a garage.

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, for anyone who may encounter same problem.  the car was finally rejected and we refused to take it back when dealer said they going to strip the car apart!.  4 weeks on and after a couple of courtesy cars, we have taken delivery of new 1.5 Tsi with ACT.  So far so good, although only driven 50 miles.

Dealer say they have now fixed original car, faulty sensor to do with accelerator. 

Fingers crossed all will go well, love the car and impressed by nippy performance for a bigger car with a smallish engine.