Flashing light – variable voltage

Torbo

Is it not the one, or the second, it is the third? - problem ...in short time...
Flashing light – variable voltage!

In recent times experienced that the headlight and the light on dashboard is variable!

The car has only run 109 000 km! To early to mistake the generator, but maybe something wrong with the regulator?

Brusches? (oil on them)?

Some thing else?

To morrow I will change the steering tube... 

May be look at the generator?

Some ideas?

Some one who had the same problem?

Edited by Torbo

The battery is one years old. I will take a lock at the generator to day... may be order an new regulator?

Yes! I took out the generator, and checked the contacts. Checked the brushes, an one of them was hanging a bit. 

Put the hole thing together, and then I find a little loose contact to the dobbel plug - field current and one more...

I will start it to morrow since there is no oil in the steering servo. 

• 4 months later...

Flickering is the right word I think? To day:

After searching for hours on the web for flickering - shaking light I found only a few sheep who had switched dynemo and regulator for stable tension and stable light.

So today I took out the dynamometer, since it did not help a new controller for a while back.

Checked the links to the diodes, which were clogged, considering that our cars are in a humid climate?

Steel brushed clutches and cleaned with knife, as there was a lot of corrosion. Did not think of measuring once, as my voltmeters have so much internal resistance that they would not give results with Ohm measurement.

Could be powered by, for example. again a light bulb, to measure voltage drops in millivolt. Do not know if I had a rash or become wiser?

Since the excitement is variable, it would be equally good for her to measure the measurements, even with a little power review. So I went straight to the point.

After a good cleaning of the couplings, I went on a big soldering and solved all twelve points. Had to repeat the cleaning on some, even though I used soldering water, indicating corrosion pores in the strands / joints.

Was pleased to have checked with double eyeglasses.

Afterwards the lights were stable and fine, so I had fun with me.

Was on the verge of ordering a new dynamo, I have to admit. But today I had good time and warmth in the garage / workshop.

korrosjon 4IMG_7555 korrosjon 1.jpg

rense før lodding IMG_7568 ferdig 3.jpg

ferdig loddetIMG_7577 _4.jpg

• 2 years later...

I have a question... Do anyone have a electrical schema that shows where the two small leeds go from the generator? I´m thinking to use one I have extra in an Old Volvo ti get more effect so I can use lights in the middle of the day?

One goes to the battery, The hose have ground, but I should have one for start it - DF+....  My be one is D- and shall go to ground? 

Manual or other tips?