Citigo nbJubilee

nbJubilee

Citigo gone into Hayselden dealership to investigate Rattle and Creaking. Car has extended 5year warranty. Fingers crossed it is a simple fix. Last time it was only a stone in the suspension! 

• 1 month later...

Clutch pedal replaced under warranty. Creaking dealt with OK. However dealer wished to replace brake pads and discs. Cost £235. I asked them to leave them at the moment. I will pull the pads out to check when I change to my winter tyres. There is a lip I can feel. Anyone know what measurement is for disc thickness? 

How many miles have you done to need new discs and pads?

our Citigo has done just under 20k and the front brakes have developed a judder, going in for a service in a couple of weeks.

• 2 months later...

Sounds like a good deal. I checked my pads and thought there's plenty of miles to go yet. Back brakes stick on when left for a few days. When weather is better I shall put her up on axle stands and strip and clean the brakes. At 72 I am too old to lie under in the wet and cold.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just had a week in Wales and put over 1000 miles on the Citigo. Toured all around Snowdonia and Anglesey. Played rallying in Clocaenog forest. 

All four seasons of weather including snow and hail. Needs a good clean!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Chris Bellman Sheffield did a grand job replacing Brake discs and pads. Still some life in old pads but ready for change. Still lasted six months after dealer wanted to change them. Less expensive than dealer and such friendly people.

• 6 months later...

50,000 mile service done. Changed plugs, pollen, air and oil filters. Changed brake fluid. Rear brake drums off for another clean, sticking on again. Time for the winter wheels and tyres. Will need new tyres next spring.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Cam belt and tensioner changed today. 53890 miles but 5 years old. VW suggest examine at 160,000 but it is not worth the risk. Haselden did the job for £339.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just had 60,000 miles service. Put three new tyres on and wheel alignment too. Lasted well at nearly six years old. They share mileage with winter tyres, but winters have plenty miles left on .

A little worry is that twice top end engine rattle on startup. Oil must have drained back until pressure regained. Not done that previously.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A year in lockdown. Some travel for essential work and to sell my narrowboat. Retirement home not available so it has gone. A big loss. 

Citigo INSPEC warnings even though only 2000 miles covered in the year. 

Stop/Start not working. Could be too cold, battery nearly 7 years old. Neglected and parked up, not cleaned for a year. 

I am in need of some care too after a year inside without any friends or family, or exercise.