SKODA RAPID 2017 Mirrorlink

balaji1967

17 hours ago, balaji1967 said:

Hi Leinad,

Post your update soon using navigation for Andriod or Apple phone... mirrorlink is wast . 

i believe new RAPID releesed by end of december is with SmartLink. this supports most of the andriod, Apple phones.

I enquired about the head-unit software update and the service center guys told me that I will have to change the system to get Android Auto and CarPlay.

Looks like they themselves don't have a clear picture of what's going on and what is possible because when I enquired the showroom guys they said there will be a software update soon.

This is a dead end for now.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2018 at 10:38, leinad_nabla said:

Oh, is it? I went to skoda service center today. They said they are seeing some fault code on the system and they have to open the hood to check what the issue is.

Another problem was hard steering, this was there since the vehicle was delivered.

I have dropped the vehicle and home now waiting for them to respond. Fingers crossed.

The issue was because of rust in the bearings. Had to change the bearings @ 1040 INR with labor charge around 1.6K INR :( Disappointed with the quality.

They always say this ( wear and tear) and ask us to pay. Then whatever parts get damaged they will say the same cause and ask us to pay. Not only Skoda does this all car manufacturers does the same. We customers are not able to do anything just nod our head and pay the money isn’t it?

Edited by Sujeethlr

• 1 year later...

Reviving this post.

So I found a workaround over the internet to get Mirrorlink to support all apps. I tested this method while the car was stationary. 

My current setup is company provided headunit with hardware 526 that supports Mirrorlink. I have a Samsung note 9 phone which is Mirrorlink compatible.

Apps used:

LG MirrorDrive: https://apk.co/lg-electronics-inc/lg-mirrordrive-1212

Rockscout: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.carconnectivity.mlmediaplayer&hl=en_IN

Button Saviour: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey.nonroot&hl=fr&rdid=com.smart.swkey.nonroot

Preparation Steps:

1. Install LG MirrorDrive, RockSout and Button Saviour
  2. Activate Button Saviour, you will see overlay icons lined up to the right side of the screen
  3. Disable notifications for LG MirrorDrive
  4. Close all apps before connecting to the headunit.

Now onto the headunit:

1. Connect the phone to the headunit
  2. Click on Mirrorlink
  3. you will presented with the Mirrorlink compatible apps
  4. Select Rockscout and wait for it to load
  5. By this time you will see the button saviour icons to the right side of the screen
  6. Now click the back button provided by the Mirrorlink on the system 
  7. you should see the list of Mirrorlink compatible apps
  8. Now select LG MirrorDrive
  9. A blank screen should open up and then the system will shift to Rockscout app
  10. Now you will see a pop up saying the APP can't be run.
  11. Click "Ok". screen will stay on Rockscout
  12. Now click the back button from the "Button Saviour" app
  13. This will take you to the home screen of your phone.

If the screen momentarily appears and leaves, then try again and wait for the pop-up message.

HTH