The story of the famous DQ200 clutch slip...

krigl

And also another note... Which is very important...

Always before you turn the engine on, wait until only EPC and engine lights are lit. The ECU needs this time to get a valid sensor reading.

This discovery also helped alot during my observations.

• Thanks 1

And also to VW personaly... If I were you, I would be very embarased that such a stupid failure has made you such loss of servicing moneydue to false diagnosis on the first place... I cannot imagine how many mechatronics and clutches were replaced for this problem...

For everyone that this solves your issues, please register and coment or leave your comments for others to see.

If for some reason someone is thankfull enough I also take donations for my effort, but on the other hand you probably have no money if you are resolving thiss issue with faulty diagnose of real problem.

Edited by krigl
  • Like 1

Hi again...

Another note... At the lower picture, please notice the small plastic spacers that are molded into the adapter hose. Mine were rubbed off to quite an extent due to vibration of engine, so in order for this fix to work, I had to cut them off to achieve a full smooth surface to which the newly inserted gaskets would sit on.

image.png.768239e7cf3ae771b970c166f86be615.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The funny thing is, that I guess even the manual transmission tsi cars suffer from this issue, but are not noticed due to the fact that the operation of the throttle on the manual transmission car is different than an automatic.
In lame terms, on the automatic cars the driver tells the car at what speed he wants to drive (with the speed and travel distance of the loud pedal), but in the manual he tells the car at what rpm in pre-selected gear he wants to drive the car, so in this case almost put the loud pedal to the floor and then lifting off when appropriate speed is achieved. In the automatic if you do this, it will drop 2 or three gears and go crazy  on you :D.

Be very careful if using Sealers or Silicone Sealers on Air Intakes, because some can be the death of a MAP or MAF's / Sensors.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/425424-2017-another-dq200-7-speed-dsg-service-campaign 

As to the DQ200 DSG,

There was a World Wide Recall on DQ200 2009- 2012/13 to change the Synthetic Oil to mineral Oil & do a Software Update 

& some places in the World fit new MCU's, ie New Zealand.

http://skoda.co.nz/news/dsg-service-campaign 

In Europe just a Service Campaign',  '34F5'. Skoda never started til May 2014, and there are vehicles that needed the Preventative Service Campaign still not carried out, and it was to prevent power loss, but VW Group UK persuaded the DVSA it was not Safety Critical so no RECALL, 

just a Skoda Secret Service Campaign Action. 

http://master.skoda-auto.com/mini-apps/recall-actions 

('34H5' if needed might not appear on this VIN checker.  So if you want to know ask Skoda or a Main Dealership.

Then last year and early this year a Service Campaign on some DQ200 DSG from 2013-2015 to do a Software update.

'34H5',  so you need to check if your car needs doing.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/333481-vrchlabi-plant-500000th-dq-200-transmission 

Edited by Headinawayoffski

If the MAP sensor is through its life soaked in oil (pcv and blow-by gas re-circulation) and also gets fumes from silicon used to glue the engine together on the production stage, I see no problem using this at this spot also. It is in minimal quantities anyhow if you are not an idiot when doing this...

Great investigation.

I have the exact same issue on my VW Golf 1.2 TSi DSG since 6000km.

I have a clutch pack changed at 10.000km, then it started again 13.000km.

I will check the air intake gasket later today to see if the wear exists.

30 minutes ago, Wino said:

Congratulations on your diagnostic work, and fix.

A sketch (or photo) showing the gasket arrangement you've made might be a useful addition to your verbal description.

:thumbup:

I will do this next time when I will dismantle this on my car, after I receive the ordered springs and possibly new o-ring gaskets of larger thickness, if i will source one out.

• Like 1

Hey krigl,

At lunch time I went to my car, and tried to zip tie with 7mm ties. After 10mins of test drive rattle seems to be reduced but rpm jumps persists. However, after 10mins due to the heat, the zip ties becomes loose due to expanded.

Edited by berker

2 hours ago, krigl said:

As I said already, only zip ties are not a solution, extra gaskets needs to be put inside, then you will see the difference. Since the rattle is reduced, this pinpoints the problematic spot.

I have contacted to my local dealer service department and I asked for a replacement.

They claimed, if it was leaking boost pressure, there must be an error code stored in the ecu.

They have the part in stock and it is app. 20 GBP. So I will get a replacement part installed this saturday. If the new part is installed, then there should be no leakage and hence no "dsg slip" sense would occur.

Since this is a fairly cheap try, I will give it a go.

I will reply back on the replacement part results soon.

Please forgive me (I am not being flippant) but what exactly should I be seeing to get alarmed about in those dashboard videos?

Just a small hint may help. I found trying to looking at the gear selected, the speed and the revs (ie 3 items) with only two eyes was too much for me.

• Like 1

Throttle is highly unlikely to be constant even if you think your foot is steady, 

try a DSG with hand controls and you will notice the difference.

As to linear, maybe in a car with a CVT, not a Automated Manual / DSG.

Then you are driving a not very powerful small cc turbo car with variable valve timing and on a road not a rolling road with a constant resistance.

Re, The title of 'The story of the Famous DQ200 Clutch slip...'

?

Is there 'Famous DSG Clutch Slip, with DQ200 ?,

because as much as i know about them, Clutch Slip is not the common or well known issue.

On a straight road this jumping of rev  counter between 100-250 rpm steps is just not acceptable. The problem persisted in all modes of dsg even in manual mode. I understand slip when you take off and maybe during gear changes, but not during acceleration in one preselected gear. How would you feel if a manual was doing the same? I would be worried. 8

Why dsg slip... Well because it sounds like, looks like it, feels like it... But in my case it clearly was another issue. 

Maybe you did not surf the web to an extent that I was forced to and you did not notice how many similar threads are open and unresolved with same problem as seen on the recordings. 

You need your faulty DSG / Car fixed then, so keep on fighting for that, or reject your car as 'Not fit for purpose.  Because if the DSG has clutch slip it is not as 

the 2nd biggest car manufacturers engineers designed it to be,

but that does not make it Famous DSG Slip with DQ200, the fundamental design, manufacturing / component and quality control issues are not even famous 

even though Millions of DQ200 DSG were recalled around the world, and Europe was not included as in the world, and owners never received extended warranties.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/293145-dsg-issues-or-even-real-problems 

EDIT, 

Sorry my bad & stupidity,

i missed where there was no DSG fault after all, and the DSG resets were just a waste of time.

Wino,

Skoda / VW will no doubt use 'Simply Clever' thinking then, 

get the TPI out, do service campaigns going on and replacing the faulty part on vehicles of owners reporting the Famous Clutch Slip..

They will stop telling drivers 'They all do that',  stop just doing Resets, and stop wasting Customers time and money.

Everyword of the OP is difficult to read, or the videos to watch on a phone, 

well for me anyway.

So title change maybe,

and DSG Famous Slip is not so, and the issue is the air intake affecting the efficient function of said DQ200.

• Like 1