The story of the famous DQ200 clutch slip...

krigl

The main problem is, that vw group by my and many other people's experience,  has no intention of doing such a indepth investigation, otherwise I agree, they would for sure have a TPI out for all of similar cars. 

It took me half a year of pressing the dealer to do anything, then I knew it was time to get my hands dirty,  due to dealers lack of interest regarding this issue and I gues lack of competence to tackle this. 

Edited by krigl
  • Like 1

Have you put your finding to Duncan Movassaghi @ Skoda UK so that he can talk to Skoda CZ about it and start saving Skoda UK money and stop wasting owners time and money?

All these Warranty Actions if it is a common complaint and the wrong actions are being carried out at Dealerships by Master Techs and others.

Could you put a post with your 'Fix' in the Skoda Fabia Guide section to show the issue and so that it can be clear it is not a DQ200 DSG fault?

• Like 1

Before I will do anything I need confirmation that this fix solves an issue in at least two other cars than mine. This way we could then agree that this issue is not related only to my car. 

I am not from UK unfortunately, but i will inform my dealer regarding the fix in about one month when I wil go in for my second service. 

I think this is one of those 'cause & effect' issues that can get really confusing especially when dealer wont help much.

Effect of the cause is a feeling of 'Clutch Slip' (most people know this from having a manual clutch that is worn)

the 'cause' for the OP by long process of elimination is the adapter hose (at least in your car)

If the fix works for other people then maybe the title should read 'Potential Fix for 'Clutch Slip effect'

People have been informing VW Group Main Dealers for decades when they find the cause of issues,

but it is the Parent Company / Factories that are all 3 Monkeys and not prepared to take actions until Authorities or Court Actions or legislation might cost them money greater than doing nothing.

If you have technical failures and a way to resolve them let the Company know not some Franchised Retail Outlet, 

unless you know they are submitting technical reports.

Even then all around the world there will be Dealership or Customer Services Employees saying, 'Never Heard of that before' or 'They all do that, 

it is a characteristic' of the vehicle / type.

Snagging issues, and quality control or fundamental design and manufacturing failings do not interest the VW Group.

• Like 1

Can someone please explain or confirm something I cannot find in the handbook.

On the display between the two dials D5 D6 mean Drive in gear 5 or 6.  S5 or S6 mean Sport mode in those gears.

Question.  Does a display of 5 or 6 without a "D" or "S" mean the gears are in Tiptronic mode?

Sorry to bother you all but I am very intrigued by this issue but struggling to get my head round it.

Thanks  PS If you wonder why I don't know it is because I have never used Tiptronic and can't yet see why I ever will.

In Denmark we are a big group of people and we are also having trouble with slipping clutch in the dsg7 dq200 gearbox.

I have made a log with vcds.... this is made in 3 gear manual from 1500rpm full throttle..... tried to do the same test and see what happens

tapatalk_1493867544790.jpeg

Strewth !  This is getting PhD level now.   Bearing in mind that I know nuthin can I comment as follows please.  In the dash videos on page 1 I do not see much that I would think odd except for the second vid at about 1 min 16 where the speed does not rise but the revs rise a lot.  So that energy is going somewhere but it ain't the wheels.

I don't know why the rev counter should be linear and not jump about  cos on mine the rev counter leaps about when the box changes up or down--I'm glad it does.

Also am I right thinking the problem only/mainly appears when you are in Tiptronic and holding gear 5 way past the revs at which the auto would be in D7.

Maybe the box is designed for use by old ladies who stick it in D/S and like to see ECO in the middle if the green leaf.

Maybe the box sees 160 Kph in fifth as a tad hooligan.  Would this qualify as not fit for purpose?

I am sure I don't have this problem. Yet. If I do it will be after it is out of warranty. BUT (question) will it progress and make my car undriveable?  Is it that serious out there ?

Thanks.

On 10/11/2017 at 13:56, berker said:

I have done something else to the DSG. On the initial test everything looks smooth. However, I will report back as I will let the vehicle and all components to cool down and check with a test drive in the morning.

Any news on this? 

The main reason for this gearbox is so faulty, is bad software. This week i got a new custom software installed, and now the car is driving like a dream. 

The software installed from from the factory is working to slow, and make the make the gearbox fall apart over time. In a DSG 7 gearbox.  is coded to shift too fast up in the highest gear, so when the car is running at 58 Km it shift to. 7. gear.  This is killing all the bearings, wery fast. 

Brochure DQ200 EN.PDF

AMT TVS Brainwashed DSG's.pdf

Edited by Aknedude

Since 2009 & even earlier the DQ200 has had difference software for different engines, petrol or diesel, and power outputs.

70ps -185ps.

The Twinchargers DQ200 had different DSG maps, 2010-2012, then 2012, then Recall World wide, revised software, and other DQ200 as well.

Then 2013 different software, DQ200 issues and failings,  Service Campaigns and revised software for DQ200's 2013-2015, 

& still there are problems.

The VW way will be drop them totally soon for just 7 Speed Wet Clutch DSG even in engines with less than 150ps, 

due to the fact VW have had a decade of using owners as road test dummies.

OK you guys now I need your considered opinions.  I must say I am pretty depressed by all this stuff. 

I needed to change to an auto box because my left leg is developing a mind of its own after a bad slipped disc.

I read up on Fabias and DSG boxes as thoroughly as I thought I could.  I seem to have missed all this doom and gloom.

I feel I'm just waiting for the damn thing to pack up.

I need to get it into perspective , into proportion.  Does everyone with a DG200 have failures? What percentage.  Have VW got to grips with it?.  The excellent brochure from TVS was very doom laden but offered hope of a cure , for a price and a long journey.  Are VW dealing with it in a reasonable manner? Are the boxes built in the last few months OK now?

Are there any tips for using the box to avoid problems?  It seems an idea always to put it in N whenever you stop for more than a few seconds. And keep off S mode and maybe leave Tiptronic alone as well.  Both these will not bother me but it ain't good.

I think I'll change my name to Pig Sick.

Anything you can contribute will be very gratefully received.  Thank you.

If I was buying a new car I would go for an automatic also (again), but not the DQ200, wet clutches only. I have learned my lesson on this one. It may be cheaper to maintain (as manufacturer said), but the hassle and all the nerves lost during this time for such useless faults, I do not mind instead to give some extra money on wet clutch DSG oil change.

HoprImRight, 

if there was a 10% failure rate, then 90 out of 100 DQ200 DSG would not be failing.

There is not a 10% failure rate 2007-2014, and nothing like that since, and unlikely to be by 2020 or beyond.

Just drive your car for as long as you own it, you have a 3 year manufacturers warranty and extend that if you are keeping the car and worried.

Skoda Builds 500,000th DQ200 DSG Gearbox - autoevolution.mhtml

Edited by Headinawayoffski

This is the best post in Briskoda for a long time! :-)

My wife bought a second hand 2015 Fabia 1.2 TSI (110 HP) a year a go, and I got aware of this issue the first time I drove the car.

I never thought this had anything with the DSG box, but didnt understand what was going on.

We did complain about the gearbox and had it reset at the local Skoda dealer. That sorted out our complains.

I did mentioned this issue for the technician and he tested the car and did see the problem. But it didnt make any fault codes so he didnt know what to do about it.

I am going to check out the pressure pipe coupling, but dont understand why you are making gasket at the flanges?

A set of new O-rings will do the trick?

These seals are 44 x 4 mm.

1 hour ago, norsko said:

This is the best post in Briskoda for a long time! :-)

My wife bought a second hand 2015 Fabia 1.2 TSI (110 HP) a year a go, and I got aware of this issue the first time I drove the car.

I never thought this had anything with the DSG box, but didnt understand what was going on.

We did complain about the gearbox and had it reset at the local Skoda dealer. That sorted out our complains.

I did mentioned this issue for the technician and he tested the car and did see the problem. But it didnt make any fault codes so he didnt know what to do about it.

I am going to check out the pressure pipe coupling, but dont understand why you are making gasket at the flanges?

A set of new O-rings will do the trick?

These seals are 44 x 4 mm.

The problem is, that in about 5000km, this will start leaking again due to design flaw and engine vibrations eating away at the gasket... 

If it did it the first time, for sure this will repeat. 

So a good engeneering fix will be needed, i am working on it and will be documented, I am still waiting on special parts that I have ordered. Should be here this week. 

• Like 1