High Beam Assist.

Bignij

My Octavia had high beam assist, which I loved. (Each to their own I know.) I just checked on the Kodiaq configurator and it's a £200 option. I'm pretty certain it wasn't there when I picked mine, else I would have had it or at least the discussion. Anyway to cut to the chase. Mine is the SEL spec, can it be retro fitted / enabled? Is it a coding issue or does it need some bits?

Edited by Bignij

If you have the A5 camera (the triangle hole in the black bit) fitted to the windscreen it should just be a coding issue. 

So it would depend on what you specced as extras or if it is just standard.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, roo said:

If you have the A5 camera (the triangle hole in the black bit) fitted to the windscreen it should just be a coding issue. 

So it would depend on what you specced as extras or if it is just standard.

15 hours ago, Auric Goldfinger said:

As Roo states you need the Camera. If you have Lane Assist you should be able the get HBA.

If you look at the black writing in my signiture, it's all the stuff I've had Turned on Via VCDS.   

Thanks for the replies. I definitely never specced it. I'll have a look. it's got the auto rain operation but I suspect that's different hardware.

@Bignij - probably easiest to take a picture of your car :)

If you haven't got the lane assist/traffic sign camera (triangle cutout) then it's probably still possible to retrofit high beam assist.

You'll probably need a new rear view mirror with a lowline camera and to wire it to an appropriate CAN bus/power/ground :)