Superb 1.4 TSI advice

Hi sorry if this post has already been created i'm new!!

I've been offered a couple of PCP deals on the 1.4 TSI firstly i've been offered the 1.4 TSI S brand new for £200 per month or the TSI SE that is a year old for the same price £200 per month. The SE is the trim that i wanted originally but was priced out of that but i can't get out of my head that i can get a brand new one for the same price although it's a different trim?? Any advice on the better deal or the better car would be really apreciated as my head is burning out with it!!!

Try Carfile.net. http://www.carfile.net/results.php?type=business&vehicle=&make=SKODA&model=SUPERB&modtext=&budget=&emissions=&bodystyle=&transmission=M&fuel=P&doors= They do very good deals on Skoda's and their associated dealer is very good at getting you the best available finance deal.

I have the 1.4 TSi SE and love it. Not tried the TSi S but I have other driven cars with that same engine and its cannot be compared to the 150 PS version.

• Like 1

The TSi S is the old 1.4 125ps from the Mk2 days while the trims above the S specs are the newer 1.4 150ps with ACT. 

Having had a 1.4TSi Mk2 S spec estate and now a 1.4TSi ACT Mk3 SE L Exec liftback, the 150ps engine is more powerful than the previous engine, more fuel efficient and generally a nicer and smoother all rounder. Go for the older higher spec car. 

On 11/10/2017 at 12:25, Chorea said:

Hi sorry if this post has already been created i'm new!!

I've been offered a couple of PCP deals on the 1.4 TSI firstly i've been offered the 1.4 TSI S brand new for £200 per month or the TSI SE that is a year old for the same price £200 per month. The SE is the trim that i wanted originally but was priced out of that but i can't get out of my head that i can get a brand new one for the same price although it's a different trim?? Any advice on the better deal or the better car would be really apreciated as my head is burning out with it!!!

Have you considered leasing a car? simpsons have good deals on the se technology at the moment. It may work out more cost effective over the term depending upon deposit and length of pcp. 

On 10/11/2017 at 17:26, Svend said:

The TSi S is the old 1.4 125ps from the Mk2 days while the trims above the S specs are the newer 1.4 150ps with ACT. 

Having had a 1.4TSi Mk2 S spec estate and now a 1.4TSi ACT Mk3 SE L Exec liftback, the 150ps engine is more powerful than the previous engine, more fuel efficient and generally a nicer and smoother all rounder. Go for the older higher spec car. 

Not quite :- 

• The MKIII TSi S 1.4 has a 125ps version of the EA211 cam belt engine without ACT 
  • The MKIII TSI SE 1.4 has the 150ps version of the EA211 cam belt engine with ACT
  • The MKII TSi 1.4 had the totally different 125ps EA111 cam chain engine

However I think having a spec without parking sensors is a mistake on such a big car

Edited by bigjohn
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, bigjohn said:

Not quite :- 

• The MKIII TSi S 1.4 has a 125ps version of the EA211 cam belt engine without ACT 
  • The MKIII TSI SE 1.4 has the 150ps version of the EA211 cam belt engine with ACT
  • The MKII TSi 1.4 had the totally different 125ps EA111 cam chain engine

However I think having a spec without parking sensors is a mistake on such a big car

My bad. 

I was under the impression the 1.4 125ps was the same in the Mk3 as the Mk2. 

I stand by my comment of going for the 150ps version though. ;) 

8 hours ago, bigjohn said:

This is why when I specced my 'S' (1.6 TDi) I added in the rear sensors!  Was something one of the reviews I read said was a 'must', and I'd be sunk without them.  Would have liked the front ones too but not an option on the S, only on SE upwards...

Suspect if the OP is looking at 2nd hand cars there isn't the option to add extras so going for the SE would make sense (I guess it depends on what the original owner specced it to).

2 hours ago, MCG1975 said:

This is why when I specced my 'S' (1.6 TDi) I added in the rear sensors!  Was something one of the reviews I read said was a 'must', and I'd be sunk without them.  Would have liked the front ones too but not an option on the S, only on SE upwards...

Suspect if the OP is looking at 2nd hand cars there isn't the option to add extras so going for the SE would make sense (I guess it depends on what the original owner specced it to).

I had parking sensors retrofitted to my Superb II S as part of my procurement deal - OK ish but I suspect original fit much better