Solid Flywheel Conversion Options - ECP - Darkside - Skoda - Part Numbers Included!

Dean

• Administrators

Hi all,

I've been exploring the site looking for the best information/prices and places to look for a Solid Flywheel Conversion. From what I've found out I need a VR6 Clutch Kit and G60 Flywheel plus bolts.

Taken from bodge's post, these are the parts (hope this helps for someone else too).

VR6 Clutch kit = 021 198 141 A
G60 Flywheel = 028 105 269 BX

Flywheel bolts N90206103 x 6

Clutch bolts N10101001 x 6

Guide Sleeve 02A 141 180 A

Looking around at kits we have; (Ignoring Techniclutch)

Darkside Billet G60 Flywheel and Sachs VR6 Clutch Kit 5 Speed 02J / 02A / 02R @ £390 (with VAT) Rated to 300 lbf∙ft
https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-billet-g60-flywheel-and-sachs-vr6-clutch-kit-5-speed-02j-02a-02r.html

Valeo Solid Flywheel Conversion @ £359 (With discount today £233) - Rated to 270 lbf∙ft
https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2003/p/car-parts/clutch-and-associated-parts/car-transmission/solid-flywheel-conversion-kit/?633780010&1&41f3acc319fb86bbd4a8048920008fcd00a3fcd1&000299

eBay VW VOLKSWAGEN GOLF 1.8T VR6 LUK CLUTCH KIT AND G60 FLYWHEEL WITH BOLTS @ £179
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362594236687

Spoken to VW and they wanted some silly prices Includes sur charge

VR6 Clutch kit = 021 198 141 A = £257.16 (with surcharge)  £286.01)
G60 Flywheel = 028 105 269 BX = £234

- Over £520 for everything including bolts...

So I'm really looking for advice on where to go and the best price in 2017, as some posts go back to 2010. Really looking for recommendations as I need to order this week.

As a final note I was going to go with DarkSide but, £390 is a lot compared to the Valeo kit, if I could hear some reviews from people who have this kit in a Mk1 Oct I'd be most greatful. I'd like the best kit for a Stage 1 Remap too so I'm ready and prepared for it.

Thanks all!

Edited by DeanVRS20VT

• 2 weeks later...

i wouldnt bother i trashed my 5 speed with a single mass , i drove mine hard. but then you can justify the 6 speed diesel box for your fwd, you just need old gttdi drive shafts with the nut type to keep your hubs the same. 

iv still got the dmf on the 4x4 with a stage 3 clutch, as the knock sensor can pick up harmonics from the smf people have been having and that retards ignition 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm running the Darkside kit on mine and although it's fine, I prefered the ECS kit I put on my previous Octavia (which my Dad now has so I stil drive it occasionally).

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-brand/ecs-tuning/ecs-stage-1-clutch-kit-228mm-5-speed/

It's very light and smooth and is still feeling the same now as when I first fitted it.

It's gone up in price a lot since I bought it though, sure I only paid about £350ish when I fitted it about 6 or 7 years ago.

• Like 1

• Administrators

For an update, I went with Darkside and got it all fitted at the local garage. Had a small chatter sound but that has disappeared now, the clutch is light and feels great. Very happy with the purchase so far will keep everyone updated.

Edited by DeanVRS20VT

id use the valeo solid fly wheel conversion handles more torque than vr6 mod and has the double dampened clutch plate way better and sooooo cheap , part number is valeo 826317 usually about £200 

On 29/11/2017 at 17:12, dubDEAN said:

id use the valeo solid fly wheel conversion handles more torque than vr6 mod and has the double dampened clutch plate way better and sooooo cheap , part number is valeo 826317 usually about £200 

Going down this route next week.  Do you also need the flywheel bolts from TPS? 

The item from ECP shows bolts

https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/c/Skoda_Octavia_1.8_2002/p/car-parts/car-transmission/clutch-and-associated-parts/solid-flywheel-conversion-kit/?633780010&1&df9020a9bc4935a972dd7dc096659fb48f0023d0&000299

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SheffieldVRS said:
  1. THE VALEO KIT COMES WITH THEM :) and i just ordered one in at my work for my own if you get stuck only in huddersfield

• Administrators

SheffieldVRS - Let us know how you get on with it, these topics come up all the time so we may as well put some use to it, especially with all the above information.

Hope it helps someone out there!

• Like 1

On 03/12/2017 at 10:40, DeanVRS20VT said:

SheffieldVRS - Let us know how you get on with it, these topics come up all the time so we may as well put some use to it, especially with all the above information.

Hope it helps someone out there!

New clutch and slave cylinder turned up this morning.  Hate to let you guys down but I have gone with a full new Sachs dual mass set up as the deal I got on it could not be refused.

Well worth a call to ECP if anyone is in two minds whether to go for a solid conversion or stick with a DMF.

• Dean pinned this topic
  • Dean changed the title to Solid Flywheel Conversion Options - ECP - Darkside - Skoda - Part Numbers Included!