New Citigo tomorrow!

Jonny118118

So we have decided to upgrade our little 3 door Citigo from an SE (rather low spec which I didn’t like) to a 5 door Monte Carlo in black. As soon as I saw this monte on auto trader I wanted it. It has climate control, DAB radio, and the variable boot floor, all of which make the car look that little bit more modern. 

Only downside - it’s 290 miles away!! 

asked about delivery and they said they’d deliver it free of charge, so that’ll take them 5hrs minimum :D

roll on tomorrow!! 

Edited by Jonny118118

I bought one of these to connect my iPhone to the USB socket behind the phone cradle, saves a bundles of wires. Mine came from eBay, just search ‘coiled lightning cable’. It connects the phone direct to the media source on the new Swing radio.

C34ECDB4-77E4-43FA-8237-7DD69E907720.jpeg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, VRS Mike said:

looks nice, wish I'd gone for a 5 door, also wish I'd spec'd DAB. Then if they fitted the 1.0tsi, heated seats and mirrors then you would have the perfect car.

Yeah that’s the only extra that isn’t fitted to this car, the winter pack. Every other extra seems to be fitted which is a bonus. 

4 hours ago, Jonny118118 said:

Yeah that’s the only extra that isn’t fitted to this car, the winter pack. Every other extra seems to be fitted which is a bonus. 

Winter pack wasn't an option when I got mine, I've just spec'd a new Monte and with the options I want it works out at £13500, which is a lot considering

Yeah I wouldn’t pay £13,500 even though the extras are handy! This one is a 66 plate and is nearly new with 1,300 miles when it arrived in Scarborough from Southampton. Asking price was £8,500 but with part exchange with the white Citigo we previously had it brought it down to £4000 to pay. A good bargain in my eyes!! 

1 hour ago, Jonny118118 said:

Yeah I wouldn’t pay £13,500 even though the extras are handy! This one is a 66 plate and is nearly new with 1,300 miles when it arrived in Scarborough from Southampton. Asking price was £8,500 but with part exchange with the white Citigo we previously had it brought it down to £4000 to pay. A good bargain in my eyes!! 

Yeah that's a good deal. I'm currently looking at the VW UP beats with the 90ps TSI engine, can get one spec'd well for £12,700 this could be an option for me

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I do like that, black being my preferred choice over my white one and I am jelly over that climate control panel and the MY17 lights. Enjoy it, it looks stunning :D

Ta Sasha. I’ve just gotta sort it’s paintwork out. Either the dealer or delivery company tried cleaning it and created swirl marks :crying:

• Like 1

Nice sounding spec on that, and quite rare to have the extras.

You say your previous one was a low spec SE, but I thought the Monte Carlo was basically an SE with a brighter interior and front and rear spoilers?

I've been searching for a Sport version, which I believe is the predecessor to the Monte Carlo, for the last few months on and off for my wife, but rare in 5 door, especially as I ideally want it with the Polygons.

Enjoy ;)

1 hour ago, SummersetBoy said:

Nice sounding spec on that, and quite rare to have the extras.

You say your previous one was a low spec SE, but I thought the Monte Carlo was basically an SE with a brighter interior and front and rear spoilers?

I've been searching for a Sport version, which I believe is the predecessor to the Monte Carlo, for the last few months on and off for my wife, but rare in 5 door, especially as I ideally want it with the Polygons.

Enjoy ;)

Pretty much yeah, compared to the newer SE models anyway. The one I had, had steels, no boot light and no parcel shelf strings! It’s the little things that make a big difference. I think the newer SE models have alloys now but not sure about the other two features I mentioned. 

Whats the polygons your mentioning? :wondering:

57 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Pretty much yeah, compared to the newer SE models anyway. The one I had, had steels, no boot light and no parcel shelf strings! It’s the little things that make a big difference. I think the newer SE models have alloys now but not sure about the other two features I mentioned. 

Whats the polygons your mentioning? :wondering:

You know you're missing out in life if your car has no parcel shelf string........ that is cost cutting to the max! :D

The Polygons were a wheel upgrade.....16" multiple spoke, or at least that's what the same wheel was called on the VW UP! really transform them imo.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

You know you're missing out in life if your car has no parcel shelf string........ that is cost cutting to the max! :D

The Polygons were a wheel upgrade.....16" multiple spoke, or at least that's what the same wheel was called on the VW UP! really transform them imo.

Serpin alloys? 

46FBE227-8704-4215-B505-9EAAB274DB8C.jpeg

54 minutes ago, SummersetBoy said:

Skoda say Serpin, VW say Polygon :rofl: , but yes, they're the ones. Lol.

Ah yeah I wanted those at first, and nearly did when we viewed a Citigo at Evans halshaw. However they messed us about luckily so we didn’t buy it. I’m great full for that as I realised after they’re not someone we should use to buy cars from!!