Citigo Service

Wag74

I have just had the Citigo serviced at Beadles Skoda and they have put Shell Helix Ultra professional AV-L 0w-30 oil in it, when I questioned this they said that it is the new requirement, can someone please tell me this meets the correct requirements as they have always in the past put Castrol 5w-30 in the past.

BMW have also moved away from Castrol and are now using Shell (Pennzoil in North America) .

As long as the oil meets or exceeds the Manufacturer's specification it will be fine.

Back in 2009 the Euro 4 Toyota iQ 1.0 3 cylinder used 5w 30 FS,  then the Euro 5 was introduced late 2010, still 5w 30 FS, 

& the Fuel Economy complaints about how poor they were from the Euro 4 with EGR Faults to the fixed Euro 5 using more fuel lead Toyota to then change to 0w 30 FS oil.

You might find that 0-30 FS helps improve fuel economy, or just that the price of the oil is more expensive if buying to top up, 

but shop around.