sunroof

cliffwood

I hate sunroofs!

Given how shiny the glass is on the new Columbus unit I'm guessing you won't be able to see the screen due to reflections from the light streaming through the sunroof ( weather permitting ;0) 

I could be wrong of course, as I say I hate the damned things. Come back in a few months time after you've taken delivery and let us know...

I hope I am wrong because I'm thinking of ordering the Edition model and I have no choice over the sunroof :0(

Won't be doing that though until I can test drive one for a few days and the digital cockpit becomes available...

9 hours ago, cliffwood said:

I have just ordered an sel with sunroof,anyone know why it must be partnered with the interior led pack?

Its so that Mr Skoda can extract more money from you cliffwood!

This is one of the points I was making in my other post under "Karoq Specs".

Sometimes one can see why one option is not always available across the range (eg a spare wheel is only available on two wheel drive, presumably the rear axle takes up some or all of the space) but, for example, why can't you get a heated windscreen and washers with the 1 litre engine?  But I can't see why the sunroof needs to have an interior led light pack, unless it is something to do with the additional wiring loom being shared between the two.

Give the customer full choice I say!

However, I had read in one of the UK car mags that the new fuel consumption  test regime (World Light Duty Test Cycle (WLTC)) was likely to result in fewer individual options and a greater number of option packs, grouping various options together.  This was because some options would have an influence on fuel consumption figures and it would cost manufacturers too much money to test each possible combination in order to give the actual figure.  Clearly some options should not change a fuel consumtion figure (eg different paint colours) but having a spare wheel (or not), might.  

Oh, incidentally, I like sunroofs - providing they tilt open.  Ideal to let fresh air in, especially at lower speeds, and they lighten the interior, giving a feeling of additional space.

Edited by Portman

Real World Testing, Co2 g/km,  MPG,

obviously the fact that a driver might put 4 others in a vehicle and luggage or maybe a trailer / caravan on the back would have no increased emissions or fuel consumption.

A few meters of wires & using an electrical appliance, and 19kg spare and jack changes everything though.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Headinawayoffski said:

19kg spare and jack changes everything though.

Yup. And when the car is stuck in the middle of the butt end of nowhere, all night with no spare - you get feckin brilliant mpg!

• Like 1

SUV's,

Suburban Utility Vehicles.  All about the image.  

'Simply Clever' , Roadside assistance should run for life on the vehicles that leave the factory without a spare wheel and jack / tool kit & satellite phone as a no cost accessory.  Obviously an extra cost charging point and holder will be required, £1,000 should be about right.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Living in Scotland, the best option available is heated windscreen washer nozzles. We have them on our Yeti and on our Octavia. Only £35 per car  and they are brill!! Unfortunately, to get them you need another 2 x £350 for the heated front screen. Seems to be a theme with Skoda

20 hours ago, Bowdie said:

Living in Scotland, the best option available is heated windscreen washer nozzles. We have them on our Yeti and on our Octavia. Only £35 per car  and they are brill!! Unfortunately, to get them you need another 2 x £350 for the heated front screen. Seems to be a theme with Skoda

where you getting this from? Its £250 - Heated windscreen with heated windscreen washer nozzles.

i didn't bother with it