Advice on dsg please

Hi , I recently bought a 1.6 cr tdi dsg , 2012 with 41,000 miles , it was terrible to drive with the clutch judder and slipping in 2 nd , I returned it to the dealer who gave me a full refund (Arnold Clark ) the thing is I've had skodas for years and want another is there a better dsg to go for ? Does the new ones have the sameness problems or does the 2.0 share the same dry clutch ? Any advice grateful please tony 

2.0 has the wet clutch which is pretty robust.

There are some issues still on the MK3 with the dry clutch DSG which I believe there was a software fix for. Someone else will no doubt be along shortly with more detailed knowledge on the dry clutch.

• Thanks 1

I'm on my 2nd Octy 3 with DSG, both cars 1.6tdi. The 1st I had for 3 years & 30,000 miles, the current car for 13 months & having completed just over 10k miles. During this time each gearbox has  been faultless , never giving a seconds problem, and I have no hesitation in recommending the 7 speed DSG 'box.

The dry clutch has seen quite a few failures reported with higher powered engines (250Nm 1.4 TSI & 1.6 TDI). They seem okay mated to the 1.0 TSI models but these only peak at 200Nm so less stress.

The 6sp wet-clutches appear far more robust and can handle well-above their 350Nm rating. The 7sp wet-clutches on the 245 are rated even higher by VAG (380Nm), but are relatively new and unproven.

If buying used, 6sp wet will be the safest option.

1 hour ago, Orville said:

The dry clutch has seen quite a few failures reported with higher powered engines (250Nm 1.4 TSI & 1.6 TDI). They seem okay mated to the 1.0 TSI models but these only peak at 200Nm so less stress.

The 6sp wet-clutches appear far more robust and can handle well-above their 350Nm rating. The 7sp wet-clutches on the 245 are rated even higher by VAG (380Nm), but are relatively new and unproven.

So yes the 245 has the wet 7 speed. that's what I thought :) (which is the same as the s3)

3 hours ago, Orville said:

It can handle alot more than 380Nm I can tell you, don't know how much more but, I'll let you know after the South East Central rolling road on the 28th

Gotta think its somewhere betweeen 460 & 500Nm now !!!