Looks like rejection is on the cards .......

andyvee

Yep, order is on the system and been accepted by the factory for exactly the same spec car apart from I have changed the colour to Velvet Red :)

Last Friday it was showing as BW8 but they are expediting it this week so that should move forward.

I didn't realistically expect to receive until January anyway, so lets see what happens with the BW.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, andyvee said:

BW50 :)

I don't think it could have been brought forward much more than that as it is currently BW46, and BW47 & BW48 will be locked in now, potentially even BW49.

As long as it stays at BW50 I'm happy, Skoda CS have worked some magic.

Hi

Can you explain what the BW means. I've ordered mine back on 22nd Oct but haven't been given any further info.

Cheers.

18 minutes ago, JFO said:

We'll I'd better get something out of it. They sold it on the premise of a discount if registered before the end of December.

Mmmmm

It is approximately a 12 week lead time, 2 weeks to build and 2 weeks to get to the dealer, so 3 1/2 - 4 months, unless they already had one in the order queue for stock that they have switched to a customer order.

15 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Mmmmm

It is approximately a 12 week lead time, 2 weeks to build and 2 weeks to get to the dealer, so 3 1/2 - 4 months, unless they already had one in the order queue for stock that they have switched to a customer order.

Well I'll be expecting that they honour it either way. Thanks for your info though.

3 hours ago, JFO said:

Well I'll be expecting that they honour it either way. Thanks for your info though.

I ordered mine 10 Oct and the dealer made it clear that it had to be registered before end of Dec to get the £1000 test drive discount , but it was unlikely that it would be , at the moment I have a provisional week 51 build (which will probably go back) it is Skoda that gives the dealer the £1000 discount , on my contract with my dealer I got £3800 off (from the dealer) , plus the £1000 test drive that Skoda may give him, which in reality I doubt I will get , Skoda will most likely start another 3 months of test drive discounts after 31 Dec. but they are not transferable , as most factory builds are at least 12 weeks (unless you are really lucky) It is a way of getting you to buy the available "stock" cars that are in the system  which might not be exactly what you want , also a fair amount of "stock" cars have a few expensive options , so cynically I think they do it to make more money.

3 hours ago, StuartAK said:

I ordered mine 10 Oct and the dealer made it clear that it had to be registered before end of Dec to get the £1000 test drive discount , but it was unlikely that it would be , at the moment I have a provisional week 51 build (which will probably go back) it is Skoda that gives the dealer the £1000 discount , on my contract with my dealer I got £3800 off (from the dealer) , plus the £1000 test drive that Skoda may give him, which in reality I doubt I will get , Skoda will most likely start another 3 months of test drive discounts after 31 Dec. but they are not transferable , as most factory builds are at least 12 weeks (unless you are really lucky) It is a way of getting you to buy the available "stock" cars that are in the system  which might not be exactly what you want , also a fair amount of "stock" cars have a few expensive options , so cynically I think they do it to make more money.

You should be ok we're the words I heard. My 'VIP discount' seems to be evaporating before my eyes. I'm feeling more cynical by the day about the premise on which the deal was made and supposed discounts, which was a combination of the dealer, the finance company discount and Skoda. I can't help but feel I'll only be left with the dealer component which amounts to little in the grand scheme of things.

On 11/17/2017 at 18:17, JFO said:

You should be ok we're the words I heard. My 'VIP discount' seems to be evaporating before my eyes. I'm feeling more cynical by the day about the premise on which the deal was made and supposed discounts, which was a combination of the dealer, the finance company discount and Skoda. I can't help but feel I'll only be left with the dealer component which amounts to little in the grand scheme of things.

Well I have finally got my confirmed build week , which is week 3 of 2018 having ordered the car 10 Oct. (and having a provisional build week 51) The delay is due to "seat component problems", which may be related to andyvee's problem , but as you see there is no way I will get the "test drive discount"at best I will probably get the vehicle mid Feb if the build does not go back further.

4 hours ago, StuartAK said:

Well I have finally got my confirmed build week , which is week 3 of 2018 having ordered the car 10 Oct. (and having a provisional build week 51) The delay is due to "seat component problems", which may be related to andyvee's problem , but as you see there is no way I will get the "test drive discount"at best I will probably get the vehicle mid Feb if the build does not go back further.

Log a case with Skoda CS - it isn't your fault the factory can't build enough cars to satisfy demand, and dealers are taking orders knowing full well they cannot fulfill them by the required date.

33 minutes ago, andyvee said:

Log a case with Skoda CS - it isn't your fault the factory can't build enough cars to satisfy demand, and dealers are taking orders knowing full well they cannot fulfill them by the required date.

Whats SKODA CS and how does one log a case

So Stuart let me get this straight, skoda offered a discount on a car IF skoda delivered the car in a reasonable timeframe,  something which they've repeatedly demonstrated they're not able to do?

Is it me or is this a new low for skoda? Lying about delivery dates which they know they can't achieve has been their standard for some years, but now they're actually giving themselves an extra incentive for tardy delivery!?!

7 minutes ago, Dr_Pepper said:

So Stuart let me get this straight, skoda offered a discount on a car IF skoda delivered the car in a reasonable timeframe,  something which they've repeatedly demonstrated they're not able to do?

Is it me or is this a new low for skoda? Lying about delivery dates which they know they can't achieve has been their standard for some years, but now they're actually giving themselves an extra incentive for tardy delivery!?!

The actual offer was one they have had for the past few months in three month stints , its the " test drive offer" where you get an extra £1000 of the price of the car if it is ordered delivered and registered within the specified time frame of the offer which in last one was 2nd Oct to be delivered and registered by 31 Dec , which is only 3 months so there is little chance that a factory build would occur , It took me 5 weeks to get a provisional build date , which was week 51 ( so not much chance of getting it delivered and registered by week 52) , this then went to week 3 of 2018 a week later , I believe the offer is designed to get you to buy the dealers in stock vehicles , which in my experience have had lots of extras I didn't want , to be fair to my dealer he did tell me there was little chance of getting the " extra 1000" and in fact I signed the contract order without it on but with a decent discount from the dealer.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 13:00, StuartAK said:

Well I have to given them credit. I picked up my bear yesterday. Having not heard anything from the dealer since I ordered the car I called them last Wednesday to ask for a provisional build week and if not allocated add a few more options. Except they told me it arrived that very day.  A very welcome surprise. I picked it up yesterday and also got the test drive discount. A very happy camper so far.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JFO said:

Well I have to given them credit. I picked up my bear yesterday. Having not heard anything from the dealer since I ordered the car I called them last Wednesday to ask for a provisional build week and if not allocated add a few more options. Except they told me it arrived that very day.  A very welcome surprise. I picked it up yesterday and also got the test drive discount. A very happy camper so far.

Can I asked you what options you specified , as I think you may just have fallen lucky with a model that was in the pipe line for someone who changed or cancelled their order. I have actually changed mine two times now , engine , diesel to petrol and 5 to 7 seats , so will expect and accept the push back of my build , but the spec now is one i am happy with.

3 hours ago, StuartAK said:

Can I asked you what options you specified , as I think you may just have fallen lucky with a model that was in the pipe line for someone who changed or cancelled their order. I have actually changed mine two times now , engine , diesel to petrol and 5 to 7 seats , so will expect and accept the push back of my build , but the spec now is one i am happy with.

Yes of course. SE 1.4 TSI 150ps 4x4. Options business grey metallic paint, electric towbar. Pretty standard spec by all accounts.

3 minutes ago, JFO said:

Yes of course. SE 1.4 TSI 150ps 4x4. Options business grey metallic paint, electric towbar. Pretty standard spec by all accounts.

I suspect your vehicle was already built in the system when it was ordered ,and did not get done as a factory build . I could have almost got one to the spec I wanted which was in the dealer system somewhere but it did not have DCC  or the colour of seats which I wanted so its a factory build. You actually got about 8-9 weeks order to delivery so that doesn't usually happen on a factory order.

Anyway well done , hope you enjoy it.

5 minutes ago, StuartAK said:

I suspect your vehicle was already built in the system when it was ordered ,and did not get done as a factory build . I could have almost got one to the spec I wanted which was in the dealer system somewhere but it did not have DCC  or the colour of seats which I wanted so its a factory build. You actually got about 8-9 weeks order to delivery so that doesn't usually happen on a factory order.

Anyway well done , hope you enjoy it.

I suspect you are right. I'm loving it so far. For a 1.4 it has some poke